Outcast How to make the tire last longer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shingo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My outcast destroy it’s tire fairly quickly, they all rip from the sidewall around the rim. I re-glue them every pack or so, but ils just a temporary fix. Is there a better solution, brand of time or anything that can fix this?

My outcast destroy it’s tire fairly quickly, they all rip from the sidewall around the rim. I re-glue them every pack or so, but ils just a temporary fix. Is there a better solution, brand of time or anything that can fix this?
Have you vented them? they may be getting crap inside and throwing them out of balance. Tape over the hole in the rim and use a soldering iron to put a small hole every 90 degrees so anything trapped inside can get out.

What about keeping the tread in good condition (I destroyed mine)
What surface are you running on? The stock tires are definitely not good for pavement. If you run it on pavement i'd look at 1/8 or 1/5 grp's or hoons. The truck will look funny on smaller tires if you go 1/8 grp or hoons though.

Pavement is a tire killer, nothing you can do with stock tires to make them last longer.

@shingo when does this happen and are you still on stock diff fluids?

My guess you are bl;lowing them up during bashing with 1 tire in the air on bumpy terrain. Change you diff fluids. Prevents tire blowouts.

You can also wrap them. I use 500lb cored kevlar cord around mine and have yet to have any issues blowing them off the rims. I did the same with my trencher 3.8's and talon ext's on my ERBEv2.
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg

I tie a 4 wrap knot and CA glue the entire knot, then glue the cord to the tire every other lug or so so it still holds even if the cord breaks on me.

This is the kind of knot I tie (used a usb cable to make it easier to see):
2020-1213-MultiwrapSingleKnotExample.jpg

You can see how much they balloon here, 3:26:

This is 6S with a rocket 4092 1650kv and 18T pinion at WOT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back