How to mark holes on 2,5mm ABS Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Has anyone marked the holes with a magnetic post kit? Does it work properly with the 2.5mm case? How you marked the holes perfectly guys?

20230224_164841.jpg

Screenshot_20230224_165421_Instagram.jpg

Has anyone marked the holes with a magnetic post kit? Does it work properly with the 2.5mm case? How you marked the holes perfectly guys?

View attachment 283448

View attachment 283449

Use Play-Doh ($0.50 a small cup) and make a small pad to place on the underside of body around where you think the posts will go. Mount the body ,Press down and it'll make marks in the Play-Doh perfectly ,to indicate where you should make/drill the holes.

Last edited:
This happens to me all the time bc I get so excited to paint the body, I forget to mark the holes. I put a little shock oil on top of the posts to mark the underside of the body.

This happens to me all the time bc I get so excited to paint the body, I forget to mark the holes. I put a little shock oil on top of the posts to mark the underside of the body.
this body comes black :D i didnt painted it.

i will just get https://www.rc-kleinkram.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/43495 and see how it works.

i want it perfect

those magnet marker seems to work pretty good on unbreakable body. i definitly will go with.

Last edited:
Was the 2.5mm harder to cut????I've seen they make 4mm for the fc100...I imagine that would be very hard to cut..

Was the 2.5mm harder to cut????I've seen they make 4mm for the fc100...I imagine that would be very hard to cut..
Jup, destroyed one new straight lexan scissors
Don't know anything about a 4mm body but i think it will be made out of lexan and not the strong abs material which the 2,5mm uses.

I have pointed caps that fit on the body posts. Can't remember where i got them. Just found these on the web! DYN5145
Screenshot_20230306-121851-808.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back