How to remove gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAdNeWs-89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi guys anyone know how to remove this part from diff i’m puzzled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 48
There is a grub screw on the side of the differential case. Take the screw out and you can slip a thin Allen key into the hole and remove the gear by prying it up towards the open end of the case. Once you do that there is going to be a dowel rod running through the output shaft. Use the Allen key through the hole in the differential case to press the dowel rod out of the shaft and then the output shaft will drop out.

Pay attention to the locations and types of any shims that are on that output shaft. They will be critical when you reassemble the differential.

Tweezers and pull up from beneath it. It just sits in there.

Attachments

• diff_1.jpg
    diff_1.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 53
You just gotta finesse it. When I switched my diff cases to the aluminum along with the aluminum bulkheads it was a tight fit. The beauty of aluminum is you can heat it in the right places. I heated the bulkhead and got my diffs in that way. If you are still using the composite bulkheads you could try loosening the bottom mounting screws to let the bulkheads shift while you install the diff. The shifting should allow some flexing.

You just gotta finesse it. When I switched my diff cases to the aluminum along with the aluminum bulkheads it was a tight fit. The beauty of aluminum is you can heat it in the right places. I heated the bulkhead and got my diffs in that way. If you are still using the composite bulkheads you could try loosening the bottom mounting screws to let the bulkheads shift while you install the diff. The shifting should allow some flexing.
I managed to finally get there it was a nightmare. With slight tap i managed to ease it in. Hopefully don't have to change again in a hurry

Did you manage to get both shims behind each satellite gear. I went with the one as it seemed better

Yes I got both shims in. And I re-used the shim on the spur gear side of the diff before re-installing into the bulkhead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back