How to remove hex pins after stripping grub screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I only managed to crack loose one of the 4 grub screws holding the hex pins. I've stripped out 2 of them and actually twisted my hex bit about 40deg.

I know I'll have to burn out the crazy tough threadlock but how do I get these stripped grubscrews out now without destroying the hex?

I only managed to crack loose one of the 4 grub screws holding the hex pins. I've stripped out 2 of them and actually twisted my hex bit about 40deg.

I know I'll have to burn out the crazy tough threadlock but how do I get these stripped grubscrews out now without destroying the hex?

If they are stripped You need to heat them up w a soldering iron or a torch and try to use a small punch to knock pin out w out burning yourself. Then do repair and knock it back in after. It’s a pain in the a$$

If they are stripped You need to heat them up w a soldering iron or a torch and try to use a small punch to knock pin out w out burning yourself. Then do repair and knock it back in after. It’s a pain in the a$$

Thanks.. I can see myself needing new hex's with this one I think.

Thanks.. I can see myself needing new hex's with this one I think.

You are gonna have to bang pin out to get axles off so you may as well try or you will need outer axles as well.

In this situation I would take a punch and drive the pins out, once the hex is off remove the stubs.. I would then take them and grab a torx bit and drive the torx bit into them on a hard surface with a couple hammer taps... once you get the torx bit to cut a new path heat the heck out of the stub.. then proceed to unscrew the grub...

To avoid this next time try to apply way more heat before getting after them..

I hope this helps...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back