Kraton How to remove pinion set screw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was when I was running my Kraton with it.

CheckIng temps is easy. Just buy a IR thermometer. You don’t need to spend a lot because +/-5 degrees is fIne. Just point this at the motor and heatsink on the ESC.

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-The...argid=aud-829758849484:pla-349733104962&psc=1

Some guys also go by touch. If you cant rest your fingers on it then it’s too hot. But for $10-$15 I think the thermometer is a better way of doing it.

Edit - if you don’t care to spend a little more this style is easier to use because it fits under the body shell easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyStar-...otor-ESC-Temperature-Monitoring-/172762662669
Im going to install the fan. How did you do to solve the "problem" on the picture?

Attachments

• 20200127_190500.jpg
    20200127_190500.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 47
I just pushed it in as far as it would go and left it. It was far enough to hold but not completely snap.

Is it supposed to sound this much? And now the ESC fan aint spins..? Or is the fan turning ON when there is hot enough?

Fan should start regardless its hot or not. In the receiver, I saw in your video that you habe the throttle cable (the one from ESC) in AUX?
Screenshot_20200128_010805_com.android.chrome.jpg
Probably thats the cause. Because the ESC doesn't get proper signal then it's fan won't start. Restore back the cable from ESC to THR (or CH2 if using different receiver) and the one from Servo to the STR (or CH1), don't ever move those 2 (unless you want different way to do throttle and steer :)) thats how its should be ;). And put the cables from the fans to the other free slots. Hopefully this will fix it.

ps. For simplicity, in mine I build a Y cable that joins the 2 fans as one and just occupy 1 of the free slot in receiver.

Last edited:

Is it supposed to sound this much? And now the ESC fan aint spins..? Or is the fan turning ON when there is hot enough?
Sounds normal. ESC Fam needs to run constant too. Did you splice into the ESC fan header for the motor fans?

Fan should start regardless its hot or not. In the receiver, I see that "somehow" you put throttle cable (the one from ESC) to AUX? probably because the ESC doesn't get proper signal then it's fan won't start (hopefully this is the case). Restore back the cable from esc to THR in the receiver and the one from Servo to the STR, don't ever move those 2, thats how its should be ;). And put the cables from the fans to the other free ones and see. btw, in mine, I build a Y cable that joins the 2 fans as one and just occupy 1 of the free slot in receiver. Hopefully this would help fix it.
The problem is, this is the way it was from the beginning...
Sounds normal. ESC Fam needs to run constant too. Did you splice into the ESC fan header for the motor fans?
Hmm, I was doing a newbie mistace... The cable was loose, thats why the ESC fan didnt work. (don't say anything)... ?? But I did order a bransch for the JST cables, they are to tight in the receiver. ?

The problem is, this is the way it was from the beginning...

Hmm, I was doing a newbie mistace... The cable was loose, thats why the ESC fan didnt work. (don't say anything)... ?? But I did order a bransch for the JST cables, they are to tight in the receiver. ?
That’s the best case scenario ????

Hello again friends,

I keep asking some stuff, and I do it in this thread instead of doing new... hope thats OK.

I do think the front tower leaning a little bit backwards, but the tower-tower brace is in good shape. Also everything else it seems to be. I do attach couple of pictures. Maybe hard to see. But if there is some problem, you guys will see it I guess. But...maybe it should leaning little bit backwards, since the front of the chassi(body?) is a little bit higher than the rest of the chassi..?

Is it anything I should fix, or is it normal? ?

Attachments

• 20200201_021746.jpg
    20200201_021746.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200201_021739.jpg
    20200201_021739.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200201_013102.jpg
    20200201_013102.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 46
Hello again friends,

I keep asking some stuff, and I do it in this thread instead of doing new... hope thats OK.

I do think the front tower leaning a little bit backwards, but the tower-tower brace is in good shape. Also everything else it seems to be. I do attach couple of pictures. Maybe hard to see. But if there is some problem, you guys will see it I guess. But...maybe it should leaning little bit backwards, since the front of the chassi(body?) is a little bit higher than the rest of the chassi..?

It’s hard to be 100% sure from a picture without a straight edge as a reference but I would say that looks fine. If you have a straight edge ruler you can place it behind the tower and check for flatness.

I keep ask... ? If I do want some stiffer shock springs, which should I get? I did read some where that tekno spring aint stiffer than kraton 6s V4.

And suggestions?

Hello again friends,

Hello there Swedish neighbor :) (norway here)

Your truck seems fine, but your front right wheel seems to need to be adjusted to point straight forwards?
Personaly i like them to point like this:
Right wheel just slightly to left and left wheel slightly to right so they both point just slightly inwards.

Last edited:
Hello there Swedish neighbor :) (norway here)

Your truck seems fine, but your front right wheel seems to need to be adjusted to point straight forwards?
Personaly i like them to point like this:
Right wheel just slightly to left and left wheel slightly to right so they both point just slightly inwards.

The fronts are supposed to have Toe out (pointing slightly outwards) or parallel/straight if you want to be anti establishment and go against the norm like me. I find I track better with less toe out.
I'm all for experminentation, first I've heard of anyone going toe in on the front though.. What do you feel it brings you?

The fronts are supposed to have Toe out (pointing slightly outwards) or parallel/straight if you want to be anti establishment and go against the norm like me. I find I track better with less toe out.
I'm all for experminentation, first I've heard of anyone going toe in on the front though.. What do you feel it brings you?

I adding a pics of what i mean, look to left, in using that setup but not so much as on the pics, just slightly away from straight.
That make my rc drive more straight and stabile, and it make you not need to adjust the steering trim too often.
1139E259-FC0C-45C8-8C96-62A9A281FE5E.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back