How to remove the 1/10 Arrma Tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

I saw where a few people are having problems removing the tranny in the Arrma 1/10 scale cars.

Here is the way I remove my Tranny.

Step 1: Disconnect your motor wires.
tranny 1.JPG

Step 2: Remove the screw the yellow arrow is pointing to, and then unscrew the two screws the blue arrows are pointing to half way out.
Tranny 2.JPG

Step 3: Remove these two screws.
Tranny 3.JPG

Step 4: Remove these two screws.
Tranny 4.JPG

Step 5: Remove the bar the yellow arrow points too, then pull the two plastic pieces apart the green arrows are pointing too, and then remove the rear skid plate "blue arrow"
tranny 5.JPG

Step 6: Remove this pocket screw and the one on the other side.
tranny 6.JPG

Step 7: Remove this shock screw on both sides and then swing the shocks upwards.
IMG_2342.JPG

Step 8: With the shocks out of the way you can now remove these two screws and the two on the other side.
IMG_2346.JPG

Step 9: Disconnect the tie rods.
IMG_2340.JPG

Step 10: Grab the tranny and rotate it like this and it will pop right out.
tranny 8.JPG

Last edited:
So sorry for the extreme newbie question, how do I know if I have a blx or a Mega and what is the difference? I don't see the screws in step 7 on mine.

Hi

The shocks are basically covering those screws. I should have added that to the removal process. In fact I will.

Here is what the mega tranny looks like.
larac5008.jpg
Here is what the BLX tranny looks like.
larac5000.jpg

Hi

The shocks are basically covering those screws. I should have added that to the removal process. In fact I will.

Here is what the mega tranny looks like.
View attachment 1548
Here is what the BLX tranny looks like.
View attachment 1549

My tranny looks like the BLX tranny, but my motor says mega on it, I guess that is just the motor. Also the pictures of the removal is not with a Granite correct?

Hi

That is correct I have the Raider XL BLX. The only difference is the body mounts, the tires, and the body.

@ajdragon I see u and a couple other people have a sway bar or have made a sway bar. What are be benefits of having the sway bar? Like what does it help do or stop doing? Thnx!

So sorry for the extreme newbie question, how do I know if I have a BLX or a Mega and what is the difference? I don't see the screws in step 7 on mine.

This forum is to help newbees, advanced drivers and everybody in between ;)
So do not apologize.

basically the trannies of the BLX and MEGA are equal, if you have a so called before 2015 model.
To make things complicated, the 2011 and 2013 model (as we refer to it, no official version numbering available) are sold even up till today. So for a newbee it can be hard to say which version you have.

From the 2015 model (recognizable by the red shock caps instead of full black shocks) the tranny is also looking different, see the above two pictures. The MEGA and BLS are equal of those, containing plastic gears and differential. The BLX has, like the 2013 MEGA and BLX version, full metal gears and differential.

This forum is to help newbees, advanced drivers and everybody in between ;)
So do not apologize.

basically the trannies of the BLX and MEGA are equal, if you have a so called before 2015 model.
To make things complicated, the 2011 and 2013 model (as we refer to it, no official version numbering available) are sold even up till today. So for a newbee it can be hard to say which version you have.

From the 2015 model (recognizable by the red shock caps instead of full black shocks) the tranny is also looking different, see the above two pictures. The MEGA and BLS are equal of those, containing plastic gears and differential. The BLX has, like the 2013 MEGA and BLX version, full metal gears and differential.
I'm guessing this is also how you get to the differential too then?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back