How to remove the pinion...?

Thread starter #1

pl9171

Arrma RC's
Senton
Hi!
Case is open and removed. Cup screw in the rear is removed too. Pull the rear cup…?

IMG_1490.JPG

Hidden screw…?
Thanks a lot
PL

JvG

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Kraton, Typhon
The input cup on the other side has a screw. It can be quite hard to losen it the first time because Arrma uses a lot of red loctite on it. Use heat to get the job done.

Mr.Duke

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Use heat and then tap it through the back of the diff with a small brass punch, but not too hard or it will kill the front diff bearing. If tapping doesn't push it through, apply more heat with a soldering iron through the grub screw hole and the tip of the pinion stuck in the cup. It can take a couple minutes so if youre unsure how much heat the pinion is absorbing, place your finger tip on the pinion gears and gauge that way or smell around it for the threadlock to start cooking.

Thread starter #4

pl9171

Arrma RC's
Senton
Use heat and then tap it through the back of the diff with a small brass punch, but not too hard or it will kill the front diff bearing. If tapping doesn't push it through, apply more heat with a soldering iron through the grub screw hole and the tip of the pinion stuck in the cup. It can take a couple minutes so if youre unsure how much heat the pinion is absorbing, place your finger tip on the pinion gears and gauge that way or smell around it for the threadlock to start cooking.
Ok, I see the gymnastic.
Thanks
PL

Thread starter #5

pl9171

Arrma RC's
Senton
Finally, I got it… What is the red stuff inside the cup…? Glue…? The cup was really stick to the pinion.

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Have a nice day.
PL

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Kraton, Outcast, Senton
Make sure you clean it up prior to reinstalling. I had to use an exacto knife to get the old red loctite out and off the pieces.