Senton How to remove the pinion...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl9171

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi!
Case is open and removed. Cup screw in the rear is removed too. Pull the rear cup…?

IMG_1490.JPG

Hidden screw…?
Thanks a lot
PL

The input cup on the other side has a screw. It can be quite hard to losen it the first time because Arrma uses a lot of red loctite on it. Use heat to get the job done.

Use heat and then tap it through the back of the diff with a small brass punch, but not too hard or it will kill the front diff bearing. If tapping doesn't push it through, apply more heat with a soldering iron through the grub screw hole and the tip of the pinion stuck in the cup. It can take a couple minutes so if youre unsure how much heat the pinion is absorbing, place your finger tip on the pinion gears and gauge that way or smell around it for the threadlock to start cooking.

Use heat and then tap it through the back of the diff with a small brass punch, but not too hard or it will kill the front diff bearing. If tapping doesn't push it through, apply more heat with a soldering iron through the grub screw hole and the tip of the pinion stuck in the cup. It can take a couple minutes so if youre unsure how much heat the pinion is absorbing, place your finger tip on the pinion gears and gauge that way or smell around it for the threadlock to start cooking.

Ok, I see the gymnastic.
Thanks
PL

Finally, I got it… What is the red stuff inside the cup…? Glue…? The cup was really stick to the pinion.

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

Have a nice day.
PL

Make sure you clean it up prior to reinstalling. I had to use an exacto knife to get the old red loctite out and off the pieces.

Good point.
Thanks
PL

Last edited:
I was lazy and just hit the end of the cup with a pencil torch. LOL!

Had to do the same thing to get my MIP's off my stupid stampede 4x4 diffs last night. That was with blue gel locktite!

yea....its used on all the pinions. Red loctite is "permanent" according to Loctite. Not my favorite move by Arrma.

Do you add red loctite when you reinstall the pinion…?
Thanks
PL

I use blue when reinstalling items that originally had red loctite. Just be sure to wait the 24 hours to garauntee it is cured.

Ok, did the same with RC4WD blue threadlock...
Thanks
PL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back