Kraton How to repair pillow ball suspension?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMAN2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Got a front upper pillow ball that is loosening up on my outcast. What are you guys using to fix this? Is this repairable (CA, Teflon tape) or is upper arm replacement the only option. Looks like it's holding the setting...then a few packs later I have to turn the wrench a few turns to keep the camber from shifting. Not sure if this is from regular suspension articulation, either way it needs to be repaired.

20170228_195413.jpg

Got a front upper pillow ball that is loosening up on my outcast. What are you guys using to fix this? Is this repairable (CA, Teflon tape) or is upper arm replacement the only option. Looks like it's holding the setting...then a few packs later I have to turn the wrench a few turns to keep the camber from shifting. Not sure if this is from regular suspension articulation, either way it needs to be repaired.View attachment 8322

With that angle you might want to pull your upper a arm. I just had a bad landing on with my Kraton that ripped the lower a arm. I switched out the lower a arm and my camber was off and the angle on the hub looked similar. I pulled the upper a arm and found out I stretched the hole for the pin. Caused all types off issues.

Had two come out on my kraton... One screwed back in no problem but the other was stripped a bit. Filled it full or lock tight and it been all good.

Just my .02, but I would recommend CA before Loctite.
Metal to plastic is better with CA...Loctite is known to breakdown/over-harden plastics which will inevitably lead to decomposition and/or cracking...especially given the location...which is under high load/stress.
With that angle you might want to pull your upper a arm. I just had a bad landing on with my Kraton that ripped the lower a arm. I switched out the lower a arm and my camber was off and the angle on the hub looked similar. I pulled the upper a arm and found out I stretched the hole for the pin. Caused all types off issues.

If you use CA, you will never ever can turn the Pivot ball for adjustment again.
Use a kind of loctite green or from other brands. Blue is middle and green is very strong.
Green is more like glue but if you make them hot you can loosen it again.

To each their own, but a small dab of CA will not 'fuse' metal and plastic, nor destroy threading upon removal.
Thread locker might.
As far as heating the threadlocker, depending on the colour used - the amount of heat needed to break the bond would exceed the melting point of the plastic it's bonded too.
Well documented that using any locker with non metal materials is generally a bad idea.

The threadlocker i use is a medium blue.... Says its made for use with plastics... I use it on my traxxas shock towers and have taken the shocks on and off many times with any damage to the thread. Thats the one i put in the pivot ball thread.

Yes, I do also normally use the blue ones.
Just in special situation I use green or CA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back