Granite How to replace a front suspension arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JShipman5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I need to replace a front suspension arm on my arrma granite 4x4 but I can't figure out how to access the hinge pin to remove it. It looks like I need to remove the front skid plate but I can't seem to figure that out either. Anyone have any advice?

I removed all the screws from the bottom of the skid plate but I still can't remove it. Something else seems to be holding it down. I also removed the hinge pin that connects it to the front bumper. I will try to upload a picture of where I am at later today.

There are 2 tabs on the end of the skid plate that fold up into the chassis & they hold on like hell. You have to slightly pull down on the bumper end of the plate. The red brace will pop out so keep track of where it lands ;) You can then use a large flat head screwdriver to pry the plate away from the chassis enough to reveal the tabs. It should easily come off once you see the tabs.

Putting it back together, however, will require A LOT of patience & a few choice words :banghead: It's the hardest thing to do on this truck.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't want too apply too much force until I understood what was holding it down. I will try again tonight.

I've broken 2 skid plates on my Granite (damn tree keeps moving in front of my leaf pile jump....) and developed a method to remove that thing without having to swear too much. Instead of removing the long hinge pin that connects the bumper to skid plate (my hex head stripped the first go around...still trying to locate a 3Mx35 bolt), leave that in place and remove the 2 bolts that hold the bumper/bumper springs to the gearbox cover/shock tower, remove the top bolts from the front shocks, and life is SOOOOOOOO much easier.
Also, removing the bumper and shocks from the gearbox cover, makes pulling the differential a boatload easier and well. It clears the way with no stress so sealing the cover after doing differential work goes smooth as butter.

Sounds like good advice. Thanks for the input. I was actually able to remove the skid plate successfully for repairs and reinstall it last night. It went much smoother than the first time I tried it. I am looking forward to more good feedback as I continue to learn how to do more repairs and improvements, as I am rather new to the world of rc cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back