How to Replace the Front Gearbox Case aka Diff Bulkhead or Diff Case (6s Trucks)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the most time consuming video I have ever made. I probably have 8 hours of my time invested in it. There is a reason why people don't make a lot of "how to" videos, lol. I really hope this helps someone.

No joke. My wife keeps telling me I should make videos of all the hobbies or work I have. No thanks.

I do lots of cool stuff- but filming with good light, good angles, good editing.... just not my style.

I know some people make a LOT of money off it. A lot more than most people make a year...but it's just not my style.

No joke. My wife keeps telling me I should make videos of all the hobbies or work I have. No thanks.

I do lots of cool stuff- but filming with good light, good angles, good editing.... just not my style.

I know some people make a LOT of money off it. A lot more than most people make a year...but it's just not my style.
I have no interest in money. I love the hobby and just like helping others.

Thanks bud :) Subbed to your channel too.

I noticed your talion v4 vid you said you were gonna swap the bearings out. Any chance you haven't yet and can do a vid on that? (Even if its not super edited)

Thanks bud :) Subbed to your channel too.

I noticed your talion v4 vid you said you were gonna swap the bearings out. Any chance you haven't yet and can do a vid on that? (Even if its not super edited)
I swapped them already. Sorry. Honestly the two hardest bearing are the ones o show in the video. The wheel ones are easy and the diff ones aren't too bad if you plan on changing fluids.

I figured you might have already from the other vids (teardown, etc) And yeah I plan on changing out the diff fluids for the track so I need to go much lighter than stock. Also ordered the voltage steering rack to toss in while I'm at it. This vid will help a ton when it comes time. Thanks :)

Nice vid man! Question for anyone with a new v4 diff.
I was just installing a new front diff myself and I didn't notice till I got it back on how tight it felt when I turned the hub nut. Rear is night and day looser. Is that due to break in or do you think the factory over shimmed or double shimmed by mistake?
It just feels rather tight and I can hear every tooth when I turn it clearly.
What do you think?

Thanks bickety. Looks like this gonna help a lot of people. You the man. And where you get the green shock towers?
Voltage Hobbies. It was all they has at the time, lol. My Kraton has blue Ines and my Typhon has red ones!

Amusingly every video I hear you talk- you sound like Bill Burr's less angry twin brother.
I'll share a secret if you guys keep it to yourselves.

He's really a Southern Redneck wannabe, and he is really really close to being there.
I have no interest in money. I love the hobby and just like helping others.
I keep telling Miss Bly that very same thing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back