How to run 6s esc with 2 3s lipos, but esc only has 1 deans lead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcmadman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey,this isn’t linked to any arrma cars but I need some help with an esc.
I am getting a hobbywing Quickrun 150A which says it can run 6s, but I want to run it on 2 3s lipos because I only have 3s and 2s lipos, however the esc only has 1 deans connector.
Is there an adapter I could buy, like a male to two female deans? Or do I have to solder, if so how would I do so?
If not are there any cheap 6s lipos you can recommend.
thanks

I run single 6s packs mostly, but when I want to run two 4s packs for 8s, I run with an adapter I made. Same would apply if you wanted to run two 2s or two 3s packs
6A233924-5660-4F74-85DC-ED8AAF325A1E.jpeg

ESC plugs into the middle connector and a battery to each of the outside connectors
6E0BE0CA-BB78-495E-883A-B27D4E77D6BB.jpeg

generally parallel increases capacity and series increases voltage

you will need 2 x 2S same_mAh in series to equal the one 4S single_mAh
the same 2 x 2S same_mAh 40C in parallel are equal to one 2S double_single_mAh

as said before you will need a series adapter to do this as you say its deans have a look at this

also keep in mind that if you do this you should not split the series as else the individual cells within the series will degrade differently which doesn't help in the long run so either keep them as a series or get a 6S pack instead

I run single 6s packs mostly, but when I want to run two 4s packs for 8s, I run with an adapter I made. Same would apply if you wanted to run two 2s or two 3s packs
View attachment 57942

ESC plugs into the middle connector and a battery to each of the outside connectors View attachment 57943
generally parallel increases capacity and series increases voltage

you will need 2 x 2S same_mAh in series to equal the one 4S single_mAh
the same 2 x 2S same_mAh 40C in parallel are equal to one 2S double_single_mAh

as said before you will need a series adapter to do this as you say its deans have a look at this

also keep in mind that if you do this you should not split the series as else the individual cells within the series will degrade differently which doesn't help in the long run so either keep them as a series or get a 6S pack instead
Thankyou both for the advice, I much appreciate it
Just to clarify you should put the two 3s batteries in series to increase voltage and therefore make it 6s, but if they were in series it would just increase capacity (how long it will last?)

Just to clarify you should put the two 3s batteries in series to increase voltage and therefore make it 6s, but if they were in series it would just increase capacity (how long it will last?)
That is correct.

Just to clarify you should put the two 3s batteries in series to increase voltage and therefore make it 6s, but if they were in parallel it would just increase capacity (how long it will last?)
Correct^

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back