Outcast How to ? Set toe with pics? Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interest in this also. I'm sure it's on YouTube but wouldn't mind seeing here. I assume it's all to do with turnbuckle. Pillow balls have any affect?

It's very simple. you set it by adjusting the turnbuckles that attach the steering rack to the wheel. In the center of the turnbuckle is a spot where you can use either a small adjustable wrench or a fixed wrench of the right proportion. They even make specialized turnbuckle wrenches. You turn the center of the turnbuckle to either increase its overall length (toe in) or shorten its overall length (toe out).

20190129_062841.jpg
20190129_062822.jpg

I just use my eyes to approximate the amount of toe. Be sure to set your right height and dropped before making these adjustments. Also note there is no way to get to on the rear wheels.

Camber for the front is set using spacers (adding or removing) behind the pillow balls. You do not want to use too many as it will cause your CVD' to pop out.

Camber for the rear tires is set with the turnbuckles. Same principle as toe in the front. Shortening them will add negative camber. Lengthening them will add positive camber.

I hope that helps ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to be specific. Mine feel really tight like it might snap the plastic turnbuckles if I apply much more pressure I guess I need to go buy a new set to have as a spare and just turn till something breaks loose or adjusts ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to be specific. Mine feel really tight like it might snap the plastic turnbuckles if I apply much more pressure I guess I need to go buy a new set to have as a spare and just turn till something breaks loose or adjusts ?
If you look at both ends of the metal rod, and you can still see threads, you'll be fine. They have to be tight so they don't loosen up while operating.

Attachments

• traxxas-6939-turnbuckles--suspension--39mm-825f5fb931e94451853d3a98d129844b.jpg
    traxxas-6939-turnbuckles--suspension--39mm-825f5fb931e94451853d3a98d129844b.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 43
Ok thank you for all your help. Im gonna do it today and pray nothing snaps ?

I know why the armmas are towed out but the look drives me crazy and on my notorious the right front has way more tow out than the left runs perfectly strait I'm just knitpicking

Old shade tree mechanic way.... make sure your truck is on the ground, power it up and turn wheels left/right then center. Tape strings at the wheel centers
20190126_095726.jpg

20190126_100029.jpg
20190126_095518.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back