Vorteks how to slow down a 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the SLT3 have throttle EPA? I know it has steering EPA.
I have the DX3, it does have a 50-75-100 TH limit. it's on 50 already.
I do have the BT2000 module and can adjust the EP with the dashboard app.
I will take a look as well thanks!
If you watch this one you can get them pretty cheap:
https://m.banggood.com/Flyhal-FC610...s-Child-Gifts-p-1916058.html?rmmds=categories

My 6 year old and 4 year old bash the crap out of these and they haven't stopped running. Been hit in the face by one too and didn't leave a mark (if it did it was an improvement).

I really enjoy bashing with three of us. It gets crazy but it is tons of fun.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can't justifying buying another RC car for the kids (the boss of the house won't allow it)....
specially since I really want to Kraton 8s in the "near" future (for myself).:ROFLMAO:

I have the DX3, it does have a 50-75-100 TH limit. it's on 50 already.
I do have the BT2000 module and can adjust the EP with the dashboard app.
I will take a look as well thanks!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can't justifying buying another RC car for the kids (the boss of the house won't allow it)....
specially since I really want to Kraton 8s in the "near" future (for myself).:ROFLMAO:
Oh gosh I completely forgot this was a Vorteks idk why I was thinking Granite.

Does the SLT3 have throttle EPA? I know it has steering EPA.
It's got throttle trim (adjusts throttle center), and a 50-75-100 setting. But no endpoints.

But that does open up another possibility, buy a cheap Aliexpress radio with more adjustability.

It's got throttle trim (adjusts throttle center), and a 50-75-100 setting. But no endpoints.

But that does open up another possibility, buy a cheap Aliexpress radio with more adjustability.
It does in fact have throttle EPA.

The servo travel on the Steering and Throttle channels can be adjusted through a special programming mode in the transmitter.
1. Begin with the transmitter binding process to the receiver complete. Power ON the receiver.
2. Hold full right and full brake while powering the transmitter ON to put the transmitter into programming mode. The LED on the transmitter will flash 4 times to indicate it is in programming mode.
3. Turn and hold the wheel full left to set the travel limit for that direction, Press the A button to increase travel, press the B button to reduce travel. The LED will flash once with every change. Return the wheel to center to set the travel value. IMPORTANT: If the value has reached the maximum or minimum that can be accepted, the LED will not flash with further input.
4. Turn the wheel to the right and repeat the process to set the steering travel to the right.
5. For electric vehicles, power the Transmitter OFF to save the settings. Calibrate your ESC to the default throttle travel.
6. For fuel powered vehicles, set the throttle travel without the engine running; After setting steering travel, you can set throttle travel with the same process. Pull and hold full throttle, adjust travel with the A and B buttons, return to center to set the value.
7. Push full brake, adjust travel with the A and B buttons, return to center 8. Power the transmitter OFF to save the values.

6. For fuel powered vehicles, set the throttle travel without the engine running; After setting steering travel, you can set throttle travel with the same process. Pull and hold full throttle, adjust travel with the A and B buttons, return to center to set the value.
7. Push full brake, adjust travel with the A and B buttons, return to center 8. Power the transmitter OFF to save the values.

Hmm, nice. So in this case, you'd probably want to put the car up on a stand, go through the calibration process until the wheels are turning at the rate you want at full throttle, then set brake and center normally.

Interesting, thank you.

Hi Guys,

Newby here, I am trying to slow down a Vorteks 3S BLX for my sons. Below are the things I have tried but are looking for more options.

1) went to 2s and it is getting better, the younger one was able to drive it today but he tend to use the TX with a "shooting" motion with his finger which makes the car jump/nervous.
2) reduced the punch level to 1.
3) used the 50% TH limit on the DX3.

Those 3 option above are great, it helps. It is getting better but I would like to go even slower.

Questions:
1) I am thinking of changing the pinion (stock is 18T). There is a 20T in the box but it will make it worse. Do you have any recommendation what I should use and where to source it (reference)?
2) any other option? Something that would be easy to swap between both driving capability (me and my son) on the field.

(driving this thing is sooooooo much fun, I can not tell which one is having more fun between me and my two sons). Best Christmas present (after a 10 year RC hobby break!)

This forum is awsome!
Go Aarma,
-Mathieu
Remember how you set the endpoints, specifically the throttle endpoints? Reset them and only squeeze halfway or so doing forward and reverse. Might be worth a try and is free if it works.

Get the BT2000 Bluetooth adapter for the DX3, in the dashboard app you can adjust the throttle limits for the 50, 75, 100% button.

Downside: At very low percentages there's more risk of bogging so don't run it too low.

Edit: missed out page 2… already mentioned by someone else 😂
Screenshot_2023-02-16-21-24-08-08_8bd21960f367637c94d31d38cecf2bc1.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back