Senton How to Stop Beaking Slipper Clutch Senton 3S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keitarono

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
I recently was out running my Senton when the slipper came loose. I tried to tighten it back up, but when I did, I snapped the little screw in the slipper. Since it was stuck in the metal part of the slipper, I had to order a new slipper. When that one came, I found that it wouldn't fit in my V2 Senton 3S without removing that small black plastic piece in the slipper. I removed that, tightened the slipper up, not so tight this time, and gave the car a run. I noticed that the slipper was slipping way too much. I took it out, turned the screw a couple turns, and it snapped off again.

Is there a way to stop snapping that screw inside the slipper and still get it tight? Does the little black peice somehow keep the screw from snapping when tightened in the newer slippers?

You don't want the slipper completely tight or else you will break drivetrain components (although I think you already know this).

The plastic nut is to aid in keeping the screw in place so that it does not loosen. However, this nut necessitates the use of the shorter input gear (ARA311031)

Would you reccomend getting the shorter input shaft or just using some loctite or something on the screw? Is there a good way to test if the screw is tight enough?

I followed the guide in the video, however the slipper is still not tight enough. The truck can barley get going without slipping a ton. I replaced all of the pads and assembled it according to a YouTube guide. Not sure what to do exactly.

2B451F46-71BC-4D2E-B370-1DD42EA0BB69.jpeg

After the second time assembling/disassembling the slipper clutch, I found that the half of the hub that connects to the driveshaft had come off. I’m assuming this happened when I overtightened the screw, but I’m not sure. I think it works successfully now! Thanks

2B451F46-71BC-4D2E-B370-1DD42EA0BB69.jpeg

After the second time assembling/disassembling the slipper clutch, I found that the half of the hub that connects to the driveshaft had come off. I’m assuming this happened when I overtightened the screw, but I’m not sure. I think it works successfully now! Thanks
I've been there! You can actually stretch the slipper hub from over tightening. Get a new slipper hub assembly and put everything back together. I was going nuts for a while before figuring out the problem. Let me know if you need part #'s

A3C6209D-4B10-46D4-B11D-D33D062FADB5.jpeg

A7A381D7-A236-4E97-8D17-0310901C997E.jpeg

356E5C2C-686B-4429-935E-9AB8DD4A0E0A.jpeg

FB05A78F-ACF5-497C-B67A-8867FA7C841E.jpeg

E137F8F2-FD01-47EB-B528-E2025D674518.jpeg

C8ED189E-971E-4686-A71D-B125C489BCF5.jpeg

I've been there! You can actually stretch the slipper hub from over tightening. Get a new slipper hub assembly and put everything back together. I was going nuts for a while before figuring out the problem. Let me know if you need part #'s

View attachment 135999

View attachment 136000

View attachment 136001

View attachment 136002

View attachment 136003

View attachment 136004
Thanks for the measurements. That's helpful knowledge about the stretching! I wasn't aware that was a thing. I think I got all of the right parts now, I installed it and tested it this evening and it seems to work now! Now for some Loctite to set things in place!

Wait :)

the new v3 slipper solved all the issues I had with it. the black nut is there so you won't need loctite anymore (as you screw into plastic). and yes, you will need the new (shorter) rear input gear for it to fit.

I say put the shorter input gear and assemble the slipper with the plastic nut (and no loctite). Never tighten it like a normal screw, it is gentle, just screw it until it stops, and then go back 1.5 turn to have some slipper action going (you need that to save driveshafts and diffs gears)

And also if you're using the metal spur, you need 2 slipper pads in the front instead of 1 (to compensate for the thinner spur)

Back