How to stop dog Bone travel ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
I’ve heard people use rubber I think to stop the dog bone wobble I got scorched ones and would like to know what can I do to stop the travel and if I can I apply to all diff cups??
Also where can I get mod1 pinions and any suggestions for bashing and speed a bit of both as far a sizes!?

427907E6-191B-4B6D-9D91-EDEA1F6D6770.jpeg

FDFD4670-15B4-400E-BDB9-8688F60809A7.jpeg

Yes you can put like fuel tubing or I used pieces of wire covering from like 8-10ga wire. Pinions you can get all over, if your just wanting to bash I'd say stay around 20-25t with the 1650kv if that's what your running.

Arrma has been using rubber stops at the output drive cups for the rear bones. Considered an EXB/V5 6s part. I played around with them. But binding can result. I have used small SS springs behind one end of the driveshafts at the ball end of the shaft behind the pins with some success also.
Fuel tubng works also. Bear in mind that the driveshaft slop is there to compensate for chassis flex and prevent driveshafts from bending as a result.

Last edited:
Yes you can put like fuel tubing or I used pieces of wire covering from like 8-10ga wire. Pinions you can get all over, if your just wanting to bash I'd say stay around 20-25t with the 1650kv if that's what your running.
Nah I got desperate 1650kv out of stock on the places I know ,so I just took the 1260kv I saw a vid from Amain the guy running infraction with a 1250kv spek stock so I said fudge it it should work but I’m topping out 75 46-30 gearing so yeah
Arrma has been using rubber stops at the output drive cups for the rear bones. Considered an EXB/V5 6s part. I played around with them. But binding can result. I have used small SS springs behind one end of the driveshafts at the ball end of the shaft behind the pins with some success also.
Fuel tubng works also. Bear in mind that the driveshaft slop is there to compensate for chassis flex and prevent drivesafts from bending as a result.
Really oh I was like why the hell they make them not fit !!!I was so lost thanks man I started like 10 months ago I’m learning but sometimes somethings are like why!???
Gasline tubing are very popular indeed

www.sagacustomrc.com/ for the larger pinions.
which ones depends on battery cells/ motor kv, diffs, tires
Thank you sir!
Gasline tubing are very popular indeed

www.sagacustomrc.com/ for the larger pinions.
which ones depends on battery cells/ motor kv, diffs, tires
Finally I got pinions thanks again man holy crap they have everything!

Last edited:
I use the o-rings from the diffs (the little red ones) and they work great. They tighten things up pretty good but still give a little bounce since they're rubber. I use 1 or 2 depending on how tight I want it to be (usually 2 in each cup up front and 1 in each cup in the back). I'm a newbie too (November 2020) and got the tip from @MFM.

I use the o-rings from the diffs (the little red ones) and they work great. They tighten things up pretty good but still give a little bounce since they're rubber. I use 1 or 2 depending on how tight I want it to be (usually 2 in each cup up front and 1 in each cup in the back). I'm a newbie too (November 2020) and got the tip from @MFM.
Thanks man will do appreciate the explanation I’ll upload pics when I’m done see if I got it right !

I used to use nitrile 5x11x3mm o-rings I got off ebay for my savage output cups... Just measure the ball of one of the dog bone ends and get o-rings with a bit larger OD so they stay put once you jam them in there. Fuel line didn't hold up for me, but that was on a dog bone that moved in/out a lot with suspension/steering going on. Guessing soft silicone ones wouldn't have worked for my needs either.

You can try these also. They are shaped and cup the bone end pretty well. (y) Stay put. You can trim them Length wise if need be.. These are rubber inserts for the Kraton EXB Rear Out Drives. Were designed to be used at the diff side. One end of the rear dog bone axels. I have these.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311028

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back