Senton how to stop wheelies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASenton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi got the 2200kv hobbywing motor in the senton now doing some open park bashing. the suspension is lowered running soft setup min preload on rear springs max droop front and rear and 19t pinion with badlands. No matter what speed im doing soon as i hit the throttle flat it wheelies straight up in the air like a rocket. fun to watch but not fun to drive fast accross the park. Im using graphine 65c 2x3s lipos and the punch setting on the max 8 is on max. So do i lower the punch setting, go bigger pinion, not sure what to do to keep the front down. I don't mind a bit of wheelies but this is....

I wasnt sure on the rear suspension for it to be soft or stiff to reduce wheelies.

Thinner oil in the CD will help too. But then you will be ballooning the fronts bad. Maybe blowing the tires, or overheating the CD (and blowing it too)

4S will stop the wheelies too... :)

Bald rear tires...

I am full of bad ideas today.

Wheelie bar?

I'd back off the punch setting on the Max8 first and see what happens. I would drop it by half and hopefully that will give you enough lag in the throttle to keep the nose down.
2200kv on 6s with a 19 tooth pinion is a wheelie kind of set up. Lower kv would tame things down a bit also.
Other than that throttle control, which was already said is a good cheap option.
How are your temps on this set up?

I've got a Talion and run 6S. I did what Stewdogg did. I backed off my punch settings. Factory came set at 4. I changed it to a 2 and is much better with larger tires. When I put on the Pro Line Trenchers I couldnt keep the front end on the ground. Now its awesome. When I put the stock smaller tires on I kick it up to 3 or 4 depending on what surface I'm driving on (asphalt vs dirt/gravel)

Hi got the 2200kv hobbywing motor in the senton now doing some open park bashing. the suspension is lowered running soft setup min preload on rear springs max droop front and rear and 19t pinion with badlands. No matter what speed im doing soon as i hit the throttle flat it wheelies straight up in the air like a rocket. fun to watch but not fun to drive fast accross the park. Im using graphine 65c 2x3s lipos and the punch setting on the max 8 is on max. So do i lower the punch setting, go bigger pinion, not sure what to do to keep the front down. I don't mind a bit of wheelies but this is....
Yup throttle control.

I fixed it forgot to say i was running 60k in centre diff went back to 30k punch max settings still wheelies but not right up and can hold it flat. I did try the punch setting half way and min and throttle control and to me felt like it was on 4s..... So all fixed and goes like a rocket while not launching for the sky

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back