Kraton How to tell which one of the three diffs is bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That video has some good info in it. I disagree with the sway bar part of it though. I ran mine with out the sway bars for a while and though I got used to it, but when Hot racing came out with the aluminum sway bar retainers, I tried them out again. I did swap to the thinner/weaker versions, But I like how it handles with the sway bars in place. Otherwise when it digs into the corners the lack of sway bars allows it to traction roll much easier. The sway bars prevent the body roll and force a slide, which helps me keep all 4 wheels on the ground. Also if you are worried about getting up that curb, then buy a rock crawler. I know my Kraton has no issue getting up curbs way bigger than that one. I run 500K center and a mix of 100k and 70k in the front and rear. The Kraton tires are great for running parking lots and street runs, only because you already have them and, don't want to mess up your good offroad tires on the street. But once you wear them flat, just get some SRC's for the road.

OK guys!

I've got everything here and the tore apart the Kraton. A few things though I'd like to run by you guys before I continue...

With my sealed bearing set I've also have 4 AR610006 bearings which are tuning parts by Arrma. I don't know where I should put them as I cant find the part number in the manual :oops:

The housing where you put the front & rear diff into is really dirty and greasy. Is this from the diff fluid or is there any grease I should put in there after I've cleaned everything away? I've have DryFluid RC Cars, Gear Lube & Heli Lube at hand :)

I've also missing a tooth from the front main input gear so I have to reorder stuff anyway. Before I do that I'm curious if the shims that come with the Arrma diff gears are enough for shimming the diffs or should I order some additional?

As its my first time with a diff I've found these vids to help me through it. Do you have any other recommendations?

thanks heaps in advance guys
Soko

I used an extra washer on one end of the spider gears like the first video shows and man is my diff super tight and notchy. I am going to remove it and leave the spider gears as they came from factory. I am only going to shim the planetary gears.

Actually that what I was wondering about as I dismanteled my diffs:
I have no plantary shims! In none of my diffs!? So why do you guys use one and which one do you guys use dimension wise?

Ohhh.. and I broke this kinda paper seal with the 4 bolt holes in it which seals the diff case (you see it in the screenshot of the last video where the o-rings are in). Do I have to replace that one?

Thanks guys
Soko

PS: I've found where the AR610006 have to go :) They are an "upgrade" for the steering bushings AR340067

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back