How to transport my planes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
I currently own a truck and it’s a two door and I don’t have a cab over and I need to be able to transport my rc planes, they wont fit in my passenger seat and I would like to not have to purchase a trailer or etc. Should I strap them down? Any ideas?

Can the wings be easily removed? If so, anyway to install suction cup hooks with racks along back window for wings and fuselage? Just a thought without seeing your truck.

How many places we talking here? Also how big are they?
Not big bit not huge a have a bunch of umx’s but im not nworried about this then i have a 6s viper and a eflikte viper
Can the wings be easily removed? If so, anyway to install suction cup hooks with racks along back window for wings and fuselage? Just a thought without seeing your truck.
Not removable on the viper with ease

Can they be pulled down easily?.. if yes, then pull the wing set's to fit them in the cab.. if no, I'd suggest a tonneau cover.. lol..

I'm not sure how well strapping them will work.. I doubt you will be able to cinch them down without hurting the planes.. maybe a lot of loosely applied straps?..

I once saw a guy in a similar situation and he made a plywood jig to sit over the planes, straddling the wings that had small towels taped around them...cut perfectly so the planes were sitting naturally grounded..

The two sheets of ply were just structured into a open box style with 2x4's to hold it together.. he would place the planes in the bed and rest the "open box" over them.. then just strapped the box down.. he only had two planes, so it worked out great.. if you have a bunch of planes, I'm still going to say get a tonneau cover...😎

Can they be pulled down easily?.. if yes, then pull the wing set's to fit them in the cab.. if no, I'd suggest a tonneau cover.. lol..

I'm not sure how well strapping them will work.. I doubt you will be able to cinch them down without hurting the planes.. maybe a lot of loosely applied straps?..

I once saw a guy in a similar situation and he made a plywood jig to sit over the planes, straddling the wings that had small towels taped around them...cut perfectly so the planes were sitting naturally grounded..

The two sheets of ply were just structured into a open box style with 2x4's to hold it together.. he would place the planes in the bed and rest the "open box" over them.. then just strapped the box down.. he only had two planes, so it worked out great.. if you have a bunch of planes, I'm still going to say get a tonneau cover...😎
I was thinking something similar.
Basically think of this but larger. Foam or some other padding in each section. Then a sheet of plywood or something over just to keep it a bit more dry.(Just in case you get stuck in a down pour)
DIY-Custom-Wooden-Drawer-Organizers-Feature-Image.png

I was thinking something similar.
Basically think of this but larger. Foam or some other padding in each section. Then a sheet of plywood or something over just to keep it a bit more dry.(Just in case you get stuck in a down pour)View attachment 276431

The setup he had was like this... Forgive my sloppy quick drawing but think you will get the idea..

IMG_20230207_183603250.jpg

Maybe something like this . Mount some hooks near the bed floor . And I would find some padding for under the planes to help support them. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cargo+ne...9648993&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_2k885cw9h_e
That would probably work great. Maybe throw a couple moving sheets over the planes then the net over top.
The setup he had was like this... Forgive my sloppy quick drawing but think you will get the idea..

View attachment 276450
If we ever play pictionary Im not on @Camaroboy383 s team 🫣🫣🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
200w (1).gif

I currently own a truck and it’s a two door and I don’t have a cab over and I need to be able to transport my rc planes, they wont fit in my passenger seat and I would like to not have to purchase a trailer or etc. Should I strap them down? Any ideas?

I used to throw a camo net over them and then carefully bungie it down. I did this for many years without an incident, and that is with freeway driving. Just remove anything like canopies, or any other items that can come loose. 🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back