Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
How do I tune my diffs using diff fluids, and what will the outcome be if I run heavier or lighter weight in the diffs?
NOTO, right? How do you use it? EXB LSD’s or BLX diffs? General bashing, big air, etc.? Tuning your diffs varies greatly from rig to rig and which diffs they have. Give us some more info. Like @gotnitro said, if you want good air control then heavy in the CD is a must. The front and rear ranges differ with what you’re wanting to do with the rig beyond that.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
What does having higher and lower diff fluid in the front do, and same for the rear and center?

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
What does having higher and lower diff fluid in the front do, and same for the rear and center?
CBD826CD-AB3E-43A9-B7C6-1DB1676959D5.jpeg

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I want to know the best recommendation for diff fluid in the order of F/C/R. I’ll be doing some hard core bashing and jumps and flips both on dirt and grass.

GraniteFox

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Most times F&R 50k or less. I like the front a little heavier than the rear. Center 250k to 1mm. Adjust to your driving preference.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
My apologies
Dude, I don't think we need 5 threads of the same stuff.. getting a little silly man... 🤷
What do you think of 1M in front and rear, or in the center?
Most times F&R 50k or less. I like the front a little heavier than the rear. Center 250k to 1mm. Adjust to your driving preference.
Preciate it, and when you decrease fluid in the front and rear, does it increase or decrease traction. And distribute power. For example, if my car did a wheelie real easily, would running thinner or thicker fluid cause a difference in the wheelie ability?

RedOctobyr

Reaction score
For example, if my car did a wheelie real easily, would running thinner or thicker fluid cause a difference in the wheelie ability?
I'm learning too. But for the center diff, at least, thicker fluid will make you wheelie more. It keeps transferring more power to the back, even with the front wheels in the air.

I don't know if the front & rear fluids make as much of a difference for wheelies. I thought they mostly impacted left/right stuff.

Johnny b

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I don't know if the front & rear fluids make as much of a difference for wheelies. I thought they mostly impacted left/right stuff.
Doesn't make a whole lot of difference with just front and rear diffs for wheelies. Your slipper clutch tightened down will help with wheelies but your going to wreck your diffs in short period of time. I do definitely recommend lighter fluid in rear however. For the best wheelies for my Senton, Injecting 5k oil in my trigger finger works awesome!

jkflow

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Diff fluid - yes, needed.
Which kind? Use that red search button up top. In short, it all depends on and you will get different answers. They have all been answered numerous times.
Next question will be motor fans, please use the red button as well :ROFLMAO: