Notorious How to tune diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I tune my diffs using diff fluids, and what will the outcome be if I run heavier or lighter weight in the diffs?
NOTO, right? How do you use it? EXB LSD’s or BLX diffs? General bashing, big air, etc.? Tuning your diffs varies greatly from rig to rig and which diffs they have. Give us some more info. Like @gotnitro said, if you want good air control then heavy in the CD is a must. The front and rear ranges differ with what you’re wanting to do with the rig beyond that.

What does having higher and lower diff fluid in the front do, and same for the rear and center?
CBD826CD-AB3E-43A9-B7C6-1DB1676959D5.jpeg

I want to know the best recommendation for diff fluid in the order of F/C/R. I’ll be doing some hard core bashing and jumps and flips both on dirt and grass.

Most times F&R 50k or less. I like the front a little heavier than the rear. Center 250k to 1mm. Adjust to your driving preference.

My apologies
Dude, I don't think we need 5 threads of the same stuff.. getting a little silly man... 🤷
What do you think of 1M in front and rear, or in the center?
Most times F&R 50k or less. I like the front a little heavier than the rear. Center 250k to 1mm. Adjust to your driving preference.
Preciate it, and when you decrease fluid in the front and rear, does it increase or decrease traction. And distribute power. For example, if my car did a wheelie real easily, would running thinner or thicker fluid cause a difference in the wheelie ability?

For example, if my car did a wheelie real easily, would running thinner or thicker fluid cause a difference in the wheelie ability?
I'm learning too. But for the center diff, at least, thicker fluid will make you wheelie more. It keeps transferring more power to the back, even with the front wheels in the air.

I don't know if the front & rear fluids make as much of a difference for wheelies. I thought they mostly impacted left/right stuff.

I don't know if the front & rear fluids make as much of a difference for wheelies. I thought they mostly impacted left/right stuff.
Doesn't make a whole lot of difference with just front and rear diffs for wheelies. Your slipper clutch tightened down will help with wheelies but your going to wreck your diffs in short period of time. I do definitely recommend lighter fluid in rear however. For the best wheelies for my Senton, Injecting 5k oil in my trigger finger works awesome!

Diff fluid - yes, needed.
Which kind? Use that red search button up top. In short, it all depends on and you will get different answers. They have all been answered numerous times.
Next question will be motor fans, please use the red button as well :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back