Granite How tough are the Granite Diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
So I have decided to go with a sensor type ESC and motor in my Granite 3S V3. Will the diffs and other items handle this setup:

Screenshot_20210219-204700_Chrome.jpg

if your only running it on 3s, it will probably withstand it, but that setup looks like it's 4s compatible, and if you do run it on 4s, well... you might have a bit more broken parts...
(the granite probably can't handle 4s power)
hope this helps :)

Granite diffs are cheap. AF doesn't sell them. You need to go to a LHS or online RC store and they can tell you the price. 4S stuff is tougher.

The V3 line uses the same diff as the 4s Kraton and Outcast. I have my 4s Kraton running 6s on stock diffs. You will need to upgrade the plastic axels.

Think I will
The V3 line uses the same diff as the 4s Kraton and Outcast. I have my 4s Kraton running 6s on stock diffs. You will need to upgrade the plastic axels.
What is the best recommendation for better axles? I have the longer typhon RPM arms and turnbuckle coming and will be on next week.

Ok. So I just ordered this. Will need to get some 17mm tires now I guess.
View attachment 127619
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but looking that, if 4s hexes install the same as 6s what you have might not work.
3s is a nut over axle. 6s is a set screw through axle to tighten against hex pin.
Is there a set screw through the hex hub itself to lock the pin?

I run the same. You will like those towers. Just make sure you have "offset clearance with those hubs. Hard to tell from pic. I run those same tires on my 3s and 6s Senton. Great on road or off.
*how do "tires" get edited/spellchecker to towers?

Last edited:
I need to step away from the computer...

Also just ordered Hot Racing bellcrank, pivot ball set, and server saver and new steering arm. Lol

I have the HR bell rank too. Bought it hoping to be rid of the "play" in steering. It slightly, somewhat improved the "play" but not enough to justify the price. What DID make it worthwhile, imo, was the use of bearings instead of bushings. This was an unexpected(to me) improvement

Also just ordered Hot Racing bellcrank, pivot ball set, and server saver and new steering arm. Lol
ZomboMeme 20022021153717.jpg

The HR pivot balls that connect to the bulkheads for camber link are a pain in the butt to install. Just a heads up...

The HR pivot balls that connect to the bulkheads for camber link are a pain in the butt to install. Just a heads up...
I had to sand down my HR pivot balls to fit inside the bulkheads. They are too wide to fit. Pretty much all the bigger pivot balls had to be sanded down to fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back