Kraton How well does the kraton handle beach and sandune bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazino

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Looking for an rc that can handle bashing on the beach and sand dunes. Does the kraton stand up well to sand or is it going to destroy it?

Are there any upgrades or modifications to do that will help to stop the sand getting into areas where it should not or is it pretty well sorted from the off

Sand will destroy anything and everything. Add in some Saltwater, and it will speed things along.

Plan on doing a full tear-down cleaning after, as soon as practical. Clean all bearings, and plan on replacing some of them / most of them, depending on your tolerance for 'crunchy' bearings.

Yeah, I will run my RC's at the beach. But I generally take my cheaper ones, just so that if I get busy after and forget to clean them, and they get ruined, I won't be out one of my favorite RC's.

Sand will destroy anything and everything. Add in some Saltwater, and it will speed things along.

Plan on doing a full tear-down cleaning after, as soon as practical. Clean all bearings, and plan on replacing some of them / most of them, depending on your tolerance for 'crunchy' bearings.

Yeah, I will run my RC's at the beach. But I generally take my cheaper ones, just so that if I get busy after and forget to clean them, and they get ruined, I won't be out one of my favorite RC's.

Oh yeah, I also have to fully clean the car after I do it. Ususally, I just spray it down with the hose, blast it with air, ad then take it apart to clean the small pieces. But it's really easy to build jumps in the sand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back