How would you deal with this chassis break?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Vorteks
Happy holidays!

I was at my local track doing laps with my Senton a few days ago. I cracked my chassis on a hard crash (pics attached). I'm looking for advice on how to deal with it.

(1) Buy a new chassis. I'd rather not if I don't have to.
(2) Try to fix it with some type of adhesive. If so, what adhesive might work?
(3) Leave it alone and just run it.

Thanks,
BBurt

B2.jpg

b1.jpg

Use JB Weld (2 part) epoxy ,that will get you fixed up again.
You definitely want to get it fixed , it's part of the structural integrity of the chassis.

From the look, once you get it epoxied you'll be good to Bash again! 👍

And WHEN it does completely break (later) ,you can go to JennysRC to get a replacement chassis.

Happy holidays!

I was at my local track doing laps with my Senton a few days ago. I cracked my chassis on a hard crash (pics attached). I'm looking for advice on how to deal with it.

Thanks,
BBurt

View attachment 265210

View attachment 265211
That's a mega or 3S, right? If so, personally, since they are cheap, I would just get a new chassis. Any fix you try will be short term, and could cost half as much as a new chassis. Jenny's RC has them for $8 plus shipping, and just run it the way it is while you're waiting on the new one.

Happy holidays!

Thanks,
BBurt

View attachment 265210

View attachment 265211
I would launch it and really try to break it, then buy a new chassis. Check out Jenny’s.

I’ve done that on two chassis and cut a piece of Kydex or HDPE then glued and screwed it along the side of the chassis. Works very well. Kydex worked best, it is thinner and less flexible.

11BAB1F1-9980-4CEB-A2B5-E896CC931296.jpeg

36DA23F3-D17E-42CD-B934-BDD0D3605163.jpeg

Happened to mine in the same spot and a buddies.

We just used shoe goo, worked awesome and still running! The key is you want something flexible, strong, and sticks to anything.

Yeah, I would patch it up, and keep rolling till you get a new Chassis. You can buy some time until you want this way. Adhesive or glue, Im not so sure... Maybe JB Weld if anything. I would use some scrap plastic as a brace with screws shown above. , best, quickest way. Nice.

I ended up getting a new chassis. It took me a minute to transfer all the components over, but I'm set now. I also know my Senton inside and out now since I had to break it all down and build it back up again. Thanks!

I ended up getting a new chassis. It took me a minute to transfer all the components over, but I'm set now. I also know my Senton inside and out now since I had to break it all down and build it back up again. Thanks!
Very nice! Mine still has shoe goo holding it together 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back