How would you remove this broken screw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving forward I now use a longer m3 screw and if it breaks I’m able to get it out from the bottom.
+1 on this idea moving forward.

A threaded insert. So basically you drill and tap a hole specified by the size helicoil you plan to use, then thread the helicoil into the hole.

For example, if you put a helicoil in plastic, the screw would be threaded into the metal helicoil rather than the plastic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_insert
Yeah, in theory, with the helicoil being relitively hard, as long as it stays in place, it takes the abuse from installing/removing the screw repeatedly as well. It's kind of like a spring, so it tends to expand/grab the outside when you unscrew the screw. They kind of shrink as you thread them in, so they bite the outside threads to stay in place. I think they are usually half a size larger than the screw your threading. Something I should have bought/used many years ago when I ran t-maxx's with alloy bulkheads... stripped so many threads in those stupid things. The bulks Unlimited Engineering made for the maxx came with helicoils just for the durability.

Holy hell, one pound? Here's what half a pound did to fix my broken microwave.

Always double the mixture...this is why I'd make a horrible pastry chef ?‍? .
The important thing is, that in the end, you fixed that broken microwave in the most expedient way possible. Efficiency is key

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back