How's the reliability of the Spektrum firma 150a ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I'm thinking about purchasing a Spektrum firma 150 amp ESC for my new Kronos XTR and am wondering how reliable are they? Thanks!
Hello

I am not familiar with the Kronos XTR. What we all see are more complaints here about the Firma 150A failing. So if you cannot go up to a 160 and not knowing that rig it might not be right or too much ESC. If spending the money, go for the HobbyWing Max8 for 150A ESC

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-max8

Hey guys I'm thinking about purchasing a Spektrum firma 150 amp ESC for my new Kronos XTR and am wondering how reliable are they? Thanks!
Not horrible, but not great as I have had two go up in flames. When they are not on fire the ESCs have been great for me.

Infraction V2 ESC caught fire after about a month
IMG_0261.JPG

Also had one burn up in my Talion EXB.

Hello

I am not familiar with the Kronos XTR. What we all see are more complaints here about the Firma 150A failing. So if you cannot go up to a 160 and not knowing that rig it might not be right or too much ESC. If spending the money, go for the HobbyWing Max8 for 150A ESC

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/ezrun-max8
Ok. It's a Team Corally Kronos XTR 22 1/8 scale truck. I know I watched @Rcproponent 's review and he put a spektrum combo in his XTR 21 I think. 🤔

Mine have been fine but lots of pictures of them not being ok. In the future I will be using another brand.

Ok. It's a Team Corally Kronos XTR 22 1/8 scale truck. I know I watched @Rcproponent 's review and he put a spektrum combo in his XTR 21 I think. 🤔
I had one of those in it yep. It just didn’t go in as nicely as the corally ones do. The wires had to be at weird angles and just didn’t fit perfect.

Personally, I've not had any issues with my Firma 150s, but I'd just buy a takeoff Torox 185 when they come in stock at Jenny's - otherwise go for the OEM Hobbywing MAX8.
Good luck getting one! I've been getting messaged for 2 months now, and they always dissappear before I complete the payment. 😜
But yes, the Torox 185/ 2050 is a superior setup to the Spektrum stuff.
I had one of those in it yep. It just didn’t go in as nicely as the corally ones do. The wires had to be at weird angles and just didn’t fit perfect.
..and I bought it, right? 🤣

I
Good luck getting one! I've been getting messaged for 2 months now, and they always dissappear before I complete the payment. 😜
But yes, the Torox 185/ 2050 is a superior setup to the Spektrum stuff.

..and I bought it, right? 🤣
I’ve got so many stock combos man lol. Currently have 3… just sold another too

my firma esc in the talion exb went up in flames after a few months. would get something else if I was you. I've got the max 8 combo in my corally xtr

Mine was shutting down during my canada winter. Only on the second pack. If i come to a natural stop the car would lose throttle input. I had to manually push it to get it going again. Didnt do it in the last 2 Packs on warm weather. Maybe just the cold🤷🏽‍♂️

The one in my Felony died after a few months. You can probably get one 2nd hand for not much, as there's plenty of people taking them out of RTR cars, but if I was spending new ESC money I'd probably go for a HW.

The only issue i've had with the spektrum 150 i put in my KEXB was that the fan died and I had to replace it. So far, so good.

Don't buy a Spektrum 150 ESC: you will be buying another ESC later if you do. If you can wait, buy a Torox 185 one from Jenny's when they come back in stock. If you need an ESC right away, buy a Hobbywing Max8.

By the way, the Torox 185 ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing Max 8 that has had capacity upgraded from 150A to 185A.

Don't buy a Spektrum 150 ESC: you will be buying another ESC later if you do. If you can wait, buy a Torox 185 one from Jenny's when they come back in stock. If you need an ESC right away, buy a Hobbywing Max8.

By the way, the Torox 185 ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing Max 8 that has had capacity upgraded from 150A to 185A.
Jenny’s raised the prices on their torox 185… they are now almost as expensive as the HW max8… if it were me, I’d have that max8… it would be worth it not to have the red casing lol.

Don’t get me wrong… nothing wrong with the torox.. and when it was about $15 cheaper it’s a no brainer.. but with the cost going up at jrc I’d just have the HW…

Jenny’s raised the prices on their torox 185… they are now almost as expensive as the HW max8… if it were me, I’d have that max8… it would be worth it not to have the red casing lol.

Don’t get me wrong… nothing wrong with the torox.. and when it was about $15 cheaper it’s a no brainer.. but with the cost going up at jrc I’d just have the HW…
The Torox 185 has a capacity of 185 amps, while the Hobbywing Max8 has a capacity of 150 amps, so the increased price on the Torox might be easier to swallow. I do agree that the red case on the Torox is a bit of a bummer, but I'm getting more used to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back