HPI Apache Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian719

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys,

So while I figure out which 6s arrma I'd like, I figure I would share my HPI Apache SC Flux.
Parts are currently all original, running 4s with the old HPI Q-base(MMP). This bad boy would have been competition for the Senton 6s.

The plans are to upgrade to a 6s system, get some Proline Hyrax SCXL tires, and just try to keep from breaking it into little pieces haha.

IMG_20220330_202135_02.jpg

I scored an Apache C1 parts slider. Came with everything but hubs/front dog bones, and tires. So I've got loads of spare parts.

I have been bashing/park racing the SC and broke the rear bumper & rear body mount. It doesn't jump super well due to rear end smacking the ground while running up jumps. With some suspension tuning I managed to improve it a little, but it still likes to drop the nose.

I decided to try swapping the SC with the C1 body. I cut the rear cage down and have a vorza wing mount on the way. Hoping to get a sort of Losi DBXL look going.
20220420_112137_2.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions for a larger tire? These measure out around 4.25", and the 1/8 buggy tires I have for it are about the same. Trying to find something closer to the 4.85" range, but not super wide like an MT tire.

After bashing with my buddy and seeing his Mojave exb all the time, I've decided I miss the SCT life so I'm converting this chassis back to the SC. This body and wing will be going back to the C1 slider I have in storage.

Anyways, I tried a cheap amazon 120a 1/8 esc to get this up and running but its output was too low(top speed was only 38kph vs 55kph), so I'll be ordering a Quicrun 150bl from Hobbywing.

If anyone wants to buy this, I'm going to probably sell it, and a C1 parts roller together. No ESC/Motor, just two rollers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back