HPI back??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarsK9

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
So do I live under a rock or what is going on? I haven’t seen anything on YouTube or really anything on hear about HPI being under new ownership. I am excited as it’s going to give us consumers even more options to choose from. I think I’ve even found a couple I may have to add. https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2019062801

Glad to see them back in the mix. We need companies like this to keep the hobby alive! ?

So do I live under a rock or what is going on? I haven’t seen anything on YouTube or really anything on hear about HPI being under new ownership. I am excited as it’s going to give us consumers even more options to choose from. I think I’ve even found a couple I may have to add. https://www.hpiracing.com/en/article/view/2019062801
Notice the date on that article, June 28. I haven't seen much since then.

Notice the date on that article, June 28. I haven't seen much since then.
That is when they originally posted it and it just had that car picture and the "HPI Racing, Under New Ownership. Further Details to be announced" until about a month ago or so then they added this part

"Dear Customer

HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.

“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

More information will follow soon!

Please send any enquiries via email to: [email protected]"

That being said I really really want a Vorza and a Savage XL 4.6 or I can hope and pray they bring back the Savage XL Octane.

That is when they originally posted it and it just had that car picture and the "HPI Racing, Under New Ownership. Further Details to be announced" until about a month ago or so then they added this part

"Dear Customer

HPI Racing is delighted to announce a development that will see a change of ownership of its global operation. The major shareholders of the Scandinavian based Vestergaard Group have signed a deal that will see them utilise their 50+ years expertise and investment in the hobby industry to revitalise HPI Racing, capitalise on its great heritage and push the brand forward.

Speaking from Vestergaard Group's Danish HQ, the new owners announced a new era for HPI Racing with a stable supply chain and excellent customer service.

“We are looking very much forward to rebuilding the HPI Racing and Maverick brands together with you. The brands will be putting existing customer's needs first. Every HPI Racing product owner around the world has made an investment in HPI Racing. It's important we remember that and do all we can to ensure they have years of enjoyment from it. We can assure you that there is a bright and sustainable future planned for HPI Racing, with both innovation and parts supply at the core”.

More information will follow soon!

Please send any enquiries via email to: [email protected]"

That being said I really really want a Vorza and a Savage XL 4.6 or I can hope and pray they bring back the Savage XL Octane.
That was said on their FB page back as June 28:
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/hpi-back-in-trouble.19294/page-2#post-215098

I have 2 savage's sitting. Haven't run either one much this year. The outcast just puts up with the big jumps at the bmx track better.

If they bring back the octane, I hope they sorted out the engine issues. Seemed to be a lot of people that had issues with that thing.

I saw the first part of that message when they posted it in June, haven’t seen anything else until now (I don’t have Facebook). I went to a Hobbytown in Indy on a whim years and years ago and saw a Baja 5b on the shelf and was in awe. That’s what got me interested in RC to begin with.

The guy from our lhs was in Vegas last week for the big rc convention. He too confirmed the buyout and if I'm not mistaken, Horizon is in the mix.

A LHS down here is saying they are getting a shipment of new release HPI stock
That would be great! I need parts for my Baja 5b Flux, they are out of stock almost everywhere.
I'm even thinking about selling it but i guess nobody wants to buy it now..and actually i don't want to because it's an awesome machine.

That Venture crawler looks badass. For $360 it might be fun to run this winter in the snow. Anyone have any experience or input here?

The guy from our lhs was in Vegas last week for the big rc convention. He too confirmed the buyout and if I'm not mistaken, Horizon is in the mix.
I was joking around with the girlfriend saying I’m surprised horizon isn’t buying. I’m looking at that crawler too, as well as the rs4 Ford GT

That would be great! I need parts for my Baja 5b Flux, they are out of stock almost everywhere.
I'm even thinking about selling it but i guess nobody wants to buy it now..and actually i don't want to because it's an awesome machine.
+1 on the awesome part, my Baja Flux has been an absolute rocket, and pretty durable.. I've got a few spares set aside, but I wouldn't mind having the option to get more in the future.

Here's a bit of HPI progress at a recent convention / show care of RCDriver. Plus some vendors I've not heard of yet but did look into. Some boats that look like they want to be owned by me.

Here's the exact location in case you don't want to watch it all.

Not sure why I didn’t get a notification on your post but I’m excited. I’m not stuck on one brand, everyone has something different to offer but I want to see what hpi brings out for us.

Not sure why I didn’t get a notification on your post but I’m excited. I’m not stuck on one brand, everyone has something different to offer but I want to see what hpi brings out for us.
Not trying to hijack the thread.

I miss soooo many posts because I don't get notifications. I'm willing to bet there are 4-5 threads per day that people respond to that I never get a notification for then randomly I'll get a notification from one of the those threads and have like 3-4 days worth of posts that I never saw.

+1 on the awesome part, my Baja Flux has been an absolute rocket, and pretty durable.. I've got a few spares set aside, but I wouldn't mind having the option to get more in the future.
Yeah those things are tanks and the diffs are huge. The only part wearing fast are the axle boots and they are sold out everywhere. I can't find any aftermarkets either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back