HPI back??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help but these are to small.
The Baja flux has the 5SC hubs and cups and needs larger boots:

http://www.davesmotors.com/hpi-104968-axle-boot-25x47mm-4pcs.html
I'm happy that I bought like 5 sets of those a couple of years ago when I needed new ones. Have you checked Rovan or King Motor to see if any from their Baja clones will work? I'm not sure if either company has the beefed up shafts and boots or not but worth checking.

I'm happy that I bought like 5 sets of those a couple of years ago when I needed new ones. Have you checked Rovan or King Motor to see if any from their Baja clones will work? I'm not sure if either company has the beefed up shafts and boots or not but worth checking.
Yes i did and no they don't, i've been looking for several weeks to find them (Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress, all the known sites like ddm and rccaronline.de) and found one set in Germany, last set in the world....

Oh, I see. Didn't realize they used larger ones on the flux. I just rememebered those after market ones from back when I had a 5B SS and the stock ones tore up really quick.
The previous version of the 5B SS had the heavy duty ones I believe. The newer version of the 5B SS and the flux had the extra heavy duty axles which were quite a bit larger. The first boots I ordered for mine were the heavy duty boots and they didn't work so I still have some of those laying around somewhere.

Oh, I see. Didn't realize they used larger ones on the flux. I just rememebered those after market ones from back when I had a 5B SS and the stock ones tore up really quick.
Yeah, so do these bigger ones. I drove the Baja without the boots but the cups are wearing really fast without them. And also the cups are sold out everywhere. I'll have to put it in storage for a few months or longer :bigtears:

Yeah, so do these bigger ones. I drove the Baja without the boots but the cups are wearing really fast without them. And also the cups are sold out everywere. I'll put it in storage for a few months or longer :bigtears:
You should be able to swap the cups, axles and boots to "normal" ones that come with the Rovan and King motors. They won't be the extra heavy duty ones, but it would keep you running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back