Hpi blitz complete transmission in granite mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey, yall!
Was just sitting here thinking about how crappy it is that arrma discontinued some major transmission components, making it almost impossible for anyone wanting to upgrade their granites transmission.

I read somewhere that people were using hpi blitz trans parts in their granites. I was wondering if the hpi blitz or the hpi blitz flux complete transmission, would mount up in a granite, and save alot of headaches?

With that said, does anyone know for sure if this could work?

Thanks in advance....

What did Arrma discontinue? Same transmission (albeit some plastic / some metal materials) in the 1/10 range (except Senton) I believe so if true it would affect all Arrma owners.

Alot of granite mega owners, are wanting or needing a blx transmission. Tower hobbies has the AR310418 input gear set as discontinued, they have an optional input shaft AR310599 but, no actual gear.

Maybe, arrma has done this to keep people from being able to upgrade their granite megas? There has to be a solution for this. Thing is, someone would of had to have done the hpi blitz transmission upgrade, in order for anyone to know for sure.

Last edited:
This has caused me to sell my mega and buy a used blx. Unfortunately it will keep me from recommending Arrma to others new to the hobby.

I don't understand why they would be discontinued part if they are still making the vehicles?

I was under the impression the Transmission on most of the 1/10th scale cars was of the same physical design just the construction materials were different.

In which case if you just bought a BLX transmission case , and put a BLX diff, idler gear set in then the alloy engine mount plate then slipper setup - you would have a BLX transmission?

The only place that does have, AR310418 complete input gear set, including the actual input gear is, Mashobbies. I believe their located in Australia, so shipping charges to the U.S. are probably high?

Someone here said, mashobbies is their lhs. Can't remember who it is though, maybe he/she could find out shipping costs from there to U.S.

Does anyone know the exact measurements of the input gear on the blx input shaft? I have the 2014 granite blx but, don't have the transmission apart right now. Maybe together we could find a input gear that would fit the arrma input gear shaft?

The only place that does have, AR310418 complete input gear set, including the actual input gear is, Mashobbies. I believe their located in Australia, so shipping charges to the U.S. are probably high?

Someone here said, mashobbies is their lhs. Can't remember who it is though, maybe he/she could find out shipping costs from there to U.S.

I drive past MAS Hobbies everyday - that's where i bought my car from.

Since the BLX models are not discontinued, I guess there must be an new order number.
Or, what happened to some other 2013 parts, they will be replaced soon by upgraded parts.

I would suggest download a Quick start guide from a new BLX model and look for the order numbers!

This same issue is bothering me. I really have a problem with the Granite BLS rear diff. I mean.. c'mon plastic diff on a brushless vehicle!? I been asking everyone everywhere about upgrading it to metal diff. With very little info about it. So if I could find the parts.. a blx trans case and motor mout and gears would simply bolt on to my BlS ? If so this would be an excellent answer to my problem. Otherwise I may just say forget Arrma and go hpi. I'd rather not ditch arrma.. but if I can't run it with confidence then it wont b much fun . I own a Redcat racing blackout xte the thing was $120.00 brushed and it has metal diff for christ sake. So. Idk.. I hope there's a solution. I like arrma vehicles. They are different than the competition and not many have them where I live and I like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back