HPI Maverick xt & mt info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizmiaz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. BigRock 4x4
OK I tried searching (EVEN IN OTHER RC) so I figured I'd ask here......anyone have experience with the Maverick stuff from HPI? Just ordered the Strada MT brushless from Amain for $144 shipped. Yea its entry level but for the price...I've done worse. If it isn't to crappy id like to maybe find a Strada XT for a similar price. Anyone have any experience or input on this stuff? HPI usually doesn't do to bad on their products so I'm hoping for the best and appreciate any info

Strada MT

https://www.amainhobbies.com/maveri...jcYhSDUTZWADm6iCkeO6S7lHR_4uPvdhoCJm0QAvD_BwE

Strada XT

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/MV12622

It's all moved to www.rctalk.com

HPI has a weird reputation... hard to grasp. Basically they're really not that good anymore

Focus on the word anymore. In 2011 they were cranking out some insane trucks for the time... the mamba monster powered savage flux and vorza flux that beat everything that came out at the time. Think of arrma's 6s line, the vorza flux is the modern typhon. But this was 2011 you see, so that's why it's such an insane feat. Same goes for the savage. Baja 5 series as well had castlecreations mamba XL systems that pumped out 8s lipo which was also insane.

They messed up though. All the new stuff kinda sucks and all the other manufacturers (arrma, tekno, etc) have caught up with those previously legendary HPI trucks, so now HPI isn't anything special, if anything, a little worse, and a bit more pricy. HPI really is a shadow of its formal self at this point. They even stopped using castle systems in their 8th scale trucks and have switched to hobbywing.

Edit: here's some extra stuff.
IMG_2588.PNG

Truck pictured has a mamba monster 1 esc, the ones ever since 2016 come with hobbywing's 8BL-150, same esc as arrma, aka... gets the job done...

Very easy to see that arrma took some notes off this truck. And not a bad thing to do at all, actually quite a good thing. They just took it and somehow lowered the price and got the same (if not better) performance for $130 less. Notice the metal gear servo, steel spur gear, big bore shocks, sway bars, shockshaft covers, etc. The v3 trucks lost the metal shock caps and shockshaft covers, but if you compare this thing to a typhon v1 and v2 it's extremely similar. Even down to the aluminum chassis with plastic guards. This truck is 9 years old.

History lesson concluded.

Last edited:
Thanks nuuuuut (aren't you joining w/Aldi.....Aldeeznuts :rolleyes:)I tried rctalk search and struck out. I knew HPI used to be in a bad spot and I think these may be rebranded HSP models but for the price......beat it like it owes ya money.

HPI is doing the same thing Horizon did with the Force RC brand. Taking a Himoto, HSP, FTX, FS Racing and so on brands and slapping their name on them (rebrand). Maverick Strada MT is a HSP Brontosaurus (Redcat Volcano) but the chassis is a little different. Maverick ION is Himotos 1/18 line. The thing is the aluminum parts can be had really cheap since they are the same as these other brands. The price for the Strada MT is cheaper than the Redcat Volcano though for essentially the same truck.

HPI is doing the same thing Horizon did with the Force RC brand. Taking a Himoto, HSP, FTX, FS Racing and so on brands and slapping their name on them (rebrand). Maverick Strada MT is a HSP Brontosaurus (Redcat Volcano) but the chassis is a little different. Maverick ION is Himotos 1/18 line. The thing is the aluminum parts can be had really cheap since they are the same as these other brands. The price for the Strada MT is cheaper than the Redcat Volcano though for essentially the same truck.
Yup this, also shares parts with Exceed RC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back