Kraton HPI Rush with Kraton Heart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoonie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Whats up everyone? While I'm waiting to find a good deal on a full ARRMA Kraton 6s setup I decided to use what I had and build a Frankenstein. I purchased a Nitro lot off someone and broke down most of it to sell and kept a few items for myself to convert over. It was either this or puzzles with the wife. I'm trying to do this on the cheap and still have a fun toy for the sand or snow.

So I went and took my roller HPI Rush and started the conversion. So far I've dismantled the entire chassis to clean and remove any nitro stuff and try to free up as much room, but still trying to keep the rigid graphite inner tub. I ordered the DumboRC X6 transmitter and receiver and am pairing that with a new BLX185 2050KV setup. I'm going to continue using the HPI SX-1 servo for steering and I was able to find a new set of Proline Sand Paw tires for the rear and Bridgestone Sand Supers for the front. I rebuilt the HPI rear diff and am now just awaiting the sliding motor mount to mock up. The last thing I was able to complete was an old Hummer body lying around so I painted it up and trimmed it. I think it came out pretty good (Such a 90's style paint job)

I still have to find a battery that will fit in the compartment something a little more square vs rectangular. Should I mount the battery under the ESC or should I mount the ESC in the frame like the 6th pic. I still have a bout 3"L x 3"W x 4" H to work with and keep all the bracing. The last thing will be to find what pinion gear will work best with the 56T spur gear. Well it wasn't the build thread I wanted to start with, but after getting advice from a few members on here I have to wait for the right deal. Ok enough with the talk here are the pics

IMG_3166.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3164.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
IMG_3170.jpg
IMG_3171.jpg
IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg
IMG_3175.jpg
IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

Nice project you got there. (y)

After looking it kinda reminds me of the Arrma Vorteks, hopefully its not just stupid fast and uncontrollable. If anything I will find a deal on a Kraton roller and swap everything over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back