HR 3s aluminum slipper disks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Any good or bad opinions on these Hot Racing alloy slipper pads?

D3A44FA1-3B6B-401F-A4DC-AD9299ED704D.png

Adjusting the slipper with these is a pain in the butt, the stock pads work so much better, last longer and aren't such a pain to adjust.

DO NOT BUY! I was snapping driveshafts because I could not get my slipper adjusted properly with these metal pads. After switching back to plastic pads, I was able to adjust properly and I haven't snapped a driveshaft since. Mind you I'm using a metal spur so I'm not sure how they would work on the plastic spur.

DO NOT BUY! I was snapping driveshafts because I could not get my slipper adjusted properly with these metal pads. After switching back to plastic pads, I was able to adjust properly and I haven't snapped a driveshaft since. Mind you I'm using a metal spur so I'm not sure how they would work on the plastic spur.
Yeah I’m staying away from these now. Just some thing that came up that I was thinking on. What do you think about the hot racing yolks?

Yeah I’m staying away from these now. Just some thing that came up that I was thinking on. What do you think about the hot racing yolks?

They are really good especially if you plan on running 4s.

They are really good especially if you plan on running 4s.
Thank you! I’ve heard only good about the HR yokes so I ordered a pair. That’ll be my last part purchase for awhile unless it’s an emergency. My wife is starting to look at me a little bit funny as I get four or five boxes in the mail every day 😂 I have five cars I’ve been working on these last 5 months. 3 Voltages, upgrading my granite to 3S and now the vorteks.

Yea I bought an HR yoke and a GPM yoke. At the time I just wanted something metal because I was having issues with stripping input gears from the plastic yokes being warped and GPM was in stock and HR wasn't but I was able to get my hands on one. They both fit the gears fine, but the GPM one was a little tough to get back into the housing on my Typhon. I think maybe the metal is just a bit bigger on that one compared to the HR one because I didn't need to torque down the bulkhead screws underneath as tight to get it to sit back down flush like the GPM yoke.

My wife also made comments about packages coming everyday but I run the roost so I do what I want as long as we don't go into debt hahahaha!

Yea I bought an HR yoke and a GPM yoke. At the time I just wanted something metal because I was having issues with stripping input gears from the plastic yokes being warped and GPM was in stock and HR wasn't but I was able to get my hands on one. They both fit the gears fine, but the GPM one was a little tough to get back into the housing on my Typhon. I think maybe the metal is just a bit bigger on that one compared to the HR one because I didn't need to torque down the bulkhead screws underneath as tight to get it to sit back down flush like the GPM yoke.

My wife also made comments about packages coming everyday but I run the roost so I do what I want as long as we don't go into debt hahahaha!
Ok cool, glad I got the HR ones.
My wife and I are a team…equals. We both work and share all household and life duties (well we did until her cancer diagnosis 8 weeks back. I do way more now cause chemo is harsh on her). It works very well for us. I give her the same sideways look when box after box comes in for her 8 year old daughter lol, but we both respect each other’s ‘hobby’ 😃

Ok cool, glad I got the HR ones.
My wife and I are a team…equals. We both work and share all household and life duties (well we did until her cancer diagnosis 8 weeks back. I do way more now cause chemo is harsh on her). It works very well for us. I give her the same sideways look when box after box comes in for her 8 year old daughter lol, but we both respect each other’s ‘hobby’ 😃
Sorry to hear I hope she beats it!! And yes we are a team I do not disrespect her (although I made it sound that way haha) and she doesn't disrespect me. She loves my hobby immensely and really only jokes about the packages haha Since I bought 4 rigs within a matter of 4 months I have had a ton of parts show up....and now it few and far between now that I have a good collection of mods and spare parts hehe

Sorry to hear I hope she beats it!! And yes we are a team I do not disrespect her (although I made it sound that way haha) and she doesn't disrespect me. She loves my hobby immensely and really only jokes about the packages haha Since I bought 4 rigs within a matter of 4 months I have had a ton of parts show up....and now it few and far between now that I have a good collection of mods and spare parts hehe
Sweet! And yeah I didn’t catch that you were joking. Rereading it though it’s kind of funny now lol. The bad thing about printed words… it’s hard to tell the emotion or the intent behind them sometimes.

Yes my wife I love the hobby too. She’s got a voltage right now and also drives my granite. Her 8 year old as well. It’s such a family thing that when she’s not feeling good which is often now and can’t go to the park…I don’t want to go either. So I’m just working on my cars (3 voltage, granite upgrading to 3s and the vorteks) constantly which is great, Now that I’m going to really know them inside and out.

Thanks man…Just finished seeing her medical oncologist and things are going very good. Even a bit better than expected. She has six more chemo treatments to go, then surgery…and then we don’t know. We caught it early though so I know all will all work out. And we brought our cars with us because she’s feeling good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back