Kraton HR front and rear bulkhead correct part #s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've heard, but if experience has taught me anything, when a hardened steel gear spinning under power comes into contact with an interferent piece of aluminum, it won't do it for very long before customized clearance is attained. Put simply, it's a self-solving problem.

I sure would like to know what kind of alloy Integy uses. I have some Integy tools, and they don't feel strong in the hands. Maybe it's just their heavy texturing. I haven't had any problem with them, either, but it just feels cheap. HR stuff seems very much the opposite to me.
In my case, the ring was so pressed that it didn't move. Integy's alloy is 6061 just like HR. The Integy case is a little lighter than HRs but it's still very good quality. On top of that, you can currently get 2 Integy cases for the price of 1 HR. It's not even a question at that point. I had no problems installing it at all. It's also 2 completely billet machined pieces. As for the tools, I only use Protec & MIP for 1.5mm to 3mm, along with a few cheapies for light-duty stuff. I'd never touch Integy's or HR's tools for anything.

Lmao Hot Garbage Garbage Parts Manufacturers and Intejunk are all the same junk they all are the same cheap metal the only difference is hr puts a tiny bit bigger bearing in theirs and charges way more and sells them in 3 seperate part numbers to have a complete set. Buy gpm or intejunk they are the same as hr but cheaper and come COMPLETE not in 3 part numbers. I know I have all 3 brands. HR is by far the worst.

Lmao Hot Garbage Garbage Parts Manufacturers and Intejunk are all the same junk they all are the same cheap metal the only difference is hr puts a tiny bit bigger bearing in theirs and charges way more and sells them in 3 seperate part numbers to have a complete set. Buy gpm or intejunk they are the same as hr but cheaper and come COMPLETE not in 3 part numbers. I know I have all 3 brands. HR is by far the worst.
Agreed. Out of the 3 brands, I only had sh,,-tier luck with HR. It was either a perfect fit or perfect failure. They all use cheap 6061, HR just tries to charge out the butt for it & GPM is trying to join them if you don't know how to buy their junk. I never had an aluminum part fail on me like the plastic junk, just terrible fitment issues.

HR uses 6061-T6. Plenty strong for this application. 7075 is nice, but only a little bit stronger. Integy just doesn't have the "feel", which is subjective as hell, but confidence is confidence, and that matters whether driving a formula car or a RC toy.

HR uses 6061-T6. Plenty strong for this application. 7075 is nice, but only a little bit stronger. Integy just doesn't have the "feel", which is subjective as hell, but confidence is confidence, and that matters whether driving a formula car or a RC toy.
This. Buy what you want. There are different manufacturers for a reason. I'll continue to purchase HR products, and avoid Integy, as I have never had an HR product fail and their fit and finish is sublime, yet my experience with Integy has been 100% the opposite

Okay, no shortage of rage on the topic. I'd like to complete my rigid transmission, so I'll probably be dropping the two Benjamins on gearbox bulkheads sometime in the foreseeable future. In clear language, with reasonable punctuation and grammar, can anybody explain (as @Megasty did a couple of posts back) what specific problems have been had with aluminum gearboxes from the various models available?

The only older Integy stuff I have is on a Slash that haven't seen the light of day in years. The 6s bulkheads were a gamble, I thought they were too cheap. But they surprised me enough to buy the 8s towers. They feel much better & lighter than the GPM heavy cast towers. That 8s center gearbox on ebay feels just like the Integy towers. I want them to make the 8s bulkheads too. I don't need 7075 for anything except the chassis.
Okay, no shortage of rage on the topic. I'd like to complete my rigid transmission, so I'll probably be dropping the two Benjamins on gearbox bulkheads sometime in the foreseeable future. In clear language, with reasonable punctuation and grammar, can anybody explain (as @Megasty did a couple of posts back) what specific problems have been had with aluminum gearboxes from the various models available?

Earl Moorhead also has the Integys, hit him up to get his impressions on it. No one here has them yet. Most have HR or Vitavon.

To everyone saying that ALL the brands are junk, what is a good alternative? Is Vitavon any better? I have a few Vitavon bits, but never got the bulkheads I do have a Mojave that I was going to fit with the Vitavon, but wanted to wait and do it after the summer. I need to save a few winter projects.

To everyone saying that ALL the brands are junk, what is a good alternative? Is Vitavon any better? I have a few Vitavon bits, but never got the bulkheads I do have a Mojave that I was going to fit with the Vitavon, but wanted to wait and do it after the summer. I need to save a few winter projects.
It's not that they are junk as in don't buy, but junk as in they are all the same crap with different badges. @Monster Dork I'm sorry but HR is just the same as integy and gpm but costs more. I have spent well over 6gs on both my rigs in the past year I know my parts and what not to buy trust me. I was the site ginuea pig at one point. If you are buying HR, gpm or integy you already are going on a budget, true performance parts and proper upgrades only come from a certain few vendors. And GPM, Integy and especially HR are not performance parts buy any stretch of the word. The only reason GPM bulkheads remain on my rigs is that M2C and the likes don't offer them. Slowly but surely the GPM,integy and hr upgrades I have bought have been replaced with proper stuff as they all break or have broken. Buy it right, buy it once. Buy it cheap buy it twice. And p.s Monsterdork I wouldn't worry about proper punctuation or grammer on here we have better things to worry about, just a thought....and it makes you look like a douche for pointing it out.

> calling someone a douche

Time to unfollow this thread

tenor (1).gif

It's not that they are junk as in don't buy, but junk as in they are all the same crap with different badges. @Monster Dork I'm sorry but HR is just the same as integy and gpm but costs more. I have spent well over 6gs on both my rigs in the past year I know my parts and what not to buy trust me. I was the site ginuea pig at one point. If you are buying HR, gpm or integy you already are going on a budget, true performance parts and proper upgrades only come from a certain few vendors. And GPM, Integy and especially HR are not performance parts buy any stretch of the word. The only reason GPM bulkheads remain on my rigs is that M2C and the likes don't offer them. Slowly but surely the GPM,integy and hr upgrades I have bought have been replaced with proper stuff as they all break or have broken. Buy it right, buy it once. Buy it cheap buy it twice. And p.s Monsterdork I wouldn't worry about proper punctuation or grammer on here we have better things to worry about, just a thought....and it makes you look like a douche for pointing it out.
Gka tried to make 7075 gearboxes but he couldn't get them made at a decent price point so he only made one run and scratched the idead. Not sure what happened to the ones he made though, I remember seeing pics of them on Facebook.

on here we have better things to worry about
Meh, I have better things to worry about than being called a douche by the forum hothead. I forgive you.

I very much want to hear specifics or comparisons as to why something is good or why something is junk. Especially if a company is accused of making stuff that is all junk, as opposed to one or two products in their line for some given reason. I'm not really qualified to be an HR fanboy yet, but what I have has been pleasing to me. This is because of the precision fit, like their center diff carrier assembly, and how the five parts that make it up mate with the tightest of tolerances; the finish of the parts, which is smooth and even; and the price, which makes it an easy jump up from the base cost of factory replacements. I don't have any experience with Vitavon or GPM yet, but I also haven't heard in any detail what makes their parts good. All I'm asking for is a little descriptive information about your opinions when praising or dissing a part.

Meh, I have better things to worry about than being called a douche by the forum hothead. I forgive you.

I very much want to hear specifics or comparisons as to why something is good or why something is junk. Especially if a company is accused of making stuff that is all junk, as opposed to one or two products in their line for some given reason. I'm not really qualified to be an HR fanboy yet, but what I have has been pleasing to me. This is because of the precision fit, like their center diff carrier assembly, and how the five parts that make it up mate with the tightest of tolerances; the finish of the parts, which is smooth and even; and the price, which makes it an easy jump up from the base cost of factory replacements. I don't have any experience with Vitavon or GPM yet, but I also haven't heard in any detail what makes their parts good. All I'm asking for is a little descriptive information about your opinions when praising or dissing a part.
I have experience with all three and they are BUDGET brands. All 3 of them. So pick your poison. Not here to argue with you. I don't care what you use. And calling me a hot head is cool do what you want I really don't care. You've been on here less than a year. I have earned respect by many on here and don't need your approval. Calling people out on a forum for grammer and punctuation is just ignorant and I called you on it. I'm done with this. To the op if you want to pay more for the same crap with a tiny bit bigger bearing with 3 part numbers (bulkhead, cover, and sway bar mount) then go with Hot Garbage. If you want a good bulkhead with minimal shimming needed go GPM. I'm over the HR fan boys.

You say hr junk yet numerous hr products can be seen in your images? I just installed a hr gearbox on the rear of my exb with no issues atall.
And . . . I said their stuff either fit or didn't. My HR boxes are really old so they may of changed it to fit the new diff. I don't know or care. It's all the same metal when it comes down to it. As long as it's a billet piece, doesn't break the bank, or get stuck in customs, I'll buy it.

I'm over the HR fan boys.
Don't bother. These guys fanboy over everything here & hate hearing anything negative about anything. I'm not going to say anything about stuff I don't have, yet you see plenty here will down something they never even touched in a heartbeat. The 2 sets of HR boxes I have were over $200 for all 6 parts verses the 2 Integy boxes, had for under $100. I don't have the 6s GPM box, but the 8s box was decent. I just wouldn't buy it again because it splits in half. The towers also fits the plastic gearbox so tight that you have to unbolt it just to remove the plastic cover.

I bought the HR & Vitavon hubs for the 8S. I installed the HRs & they were great, but the Vitavons are still sitting in the package. They came with rusty shielded bearings. Vitavon sent me some rubber bearings to replace them. I also bought the Integy hubs. I skipped the GPM hubs after dealing with towers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back