Big Rock HR motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRocker91

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Is there any video or tutorial about the replacement of the stock motor mount with the HR adjustable motor mount? I have no idea how to do it.

Is there any video or tutorial about the replacement of the stock motor mount with the HR adjustable motor mount? I have no idea how to do it.
This video will help.

I was unsure also but once you start taking it apart, you'll see how it's done and will feel accomplished. If it helps, have the exploded view open or even printed out to view while you take it apart and reassemble. Almost like traveling in a new area without GPS. Go short distances and come back. Every day go a little further the whole time gaining confidence.

This video will help.

I was unsure also but once you start taking it apart, you'll see how it's done and will feel accomplished. If it helps, have the exploded view open or even printed out to view while you take it apart and reassemble. Almost like traveling in a new area without GPS. Go short distances and come back. Every day go a little further the whole time gaining confidence.
You just Mr. Miyagi'd the sht outta that post.

You just Mr. Miyagi'd the sht outta that post.

lol! ?

I just bought it. How much the gap should be? Between the spur and the pinion?

Attachments

• 20190527_143708.jpg
    20190527_143708.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 51
So if my Granite BLX seems noisy I should consider swapping to the HR mount and manually set the mesh? I’m also overheating before LVC. I have a set of Fast Eddy sealed bearings on the way too. Would like to even consider an 18T pinion, but can’t seem to reach LVC most days on stock pinion.

So if my Granite BLX seems noisy I should consider swapping to the HR mount and manually set the mesh? I’m also overheating before LVC. I have a set of Fast Eddy sealed bearings on the way too. Would like to even consider an 18T pinion, but can’t seem to reach LVC most days on stock pinion.
I found the mesh way tight on my 3s brcc.
First upgrade was HR motor mount; I feel it's essential. It opens lots of options with pinion changes and setting mesh.
I run 18t on 2.8 tires but need to instal a fan again because it's gets very hot fast.

The 32pitch (BLX) gearing is always louder than 48p (Mega, and most brand's rtr). You get used to it lol
I'm currently running my brushless Granite on 20t pinion, with a 2600kv, so the room is there. For a couple packs I was using 3800kv with 18t pinion, it was nutty, again only on 2S. My Typhon is still stock 15t pinion, on a 3800kv, but I'll be bumping it up a few teeth in the future.

The 32pitch (BLX) gearing is always louder than 48p (Mega, and most brand's rtr). You get used to it lol
I'm currently running my brushless Granite on 20t pinion, with a 2600kv, so the room is there. For a couple packs I was using 3800kv with 18t pinion, it was nutty, again only on 2S. My Typhon is still stock 15t pinion, on a 3800kv, but I'll be bumping it up a few teeth in the future.

I have all the parts coming today to swap my Granite BLX to a Typhon 3S. I should have bought the Typhon instead of the Granite BLX since I already owned a Granite Mega. The Typhon will have an 18T and the HR mount. I will make sure it’s meshed well when I install the pinion.

I started with the Granite Mega, and converted it to BLX basically. Then couple months later, bought the Voltage Granite, to hold me over, made that brushless too. All because I knew I wanted the Typhon, but it was December, and I didn't want to wait until May lol. Finally got the Typhon, and love it. Between the Granites, and the Typhon, I haven't run any of my other brands this year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back