Granite HR pivot balls too tight after upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderer.77

Reaction score
Hello guys,

just changed stock plastic pivot balls in my V2 granite for aluminum pivot balls from HR and they are really, really tight, especially on steering. Its tight, but definately not so responsive like before, I am afraid that is too much for the servo.
Can I leave it as it is (maybe it will be better over time?)
OR should I increase the size of holes in composite links? (part AR330446)
OR lubricate with something? WD40 or some dry lube?

Thanks in advance!

It
The shocks wont go all the way down? Did you make sure to put the driveshafts back together properly and not big slot into the small slot? Not sure what to call it but it has big and small grooves that fit into each other on the driveshafts haha
It's not about movement in drives shafts - they are connected correctly but about tight pivot balls in rod ends and A - arms - shocks cannot lift the car fully up - without my help lol.

It

It's not about movement in drives shafts - they are connected correctly but about tight pivot balls in rod ends and A - arms - shocks cannot lift the car fully up - without my help lol.
Interesting I didn't have that problem in either of my Typhon or Granite....at least I didn't notice haha i only asked about the driveshafts because that's what I did after I replaced the pivot balls lol Idon't know how, but I did. And it was really bindy and hard to get the shocks to compress or de-compress haha

MYSTERY SOLVED: finally received AR330470 - rod end set and AR330535 - steel turnbuckles changed them for AR330446 - composite link set from V2 Mega granite and surprise: they look exactly them same, but pivot balls are moving in new rod ends without problems, so HR pivot balls are not compatible with mega version of rod ends!! Learn from my mistakes guys :)
arrma1.JPG

arrma2.JPG

Back