Outcast HRB 6S lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got two of these a couple of years ago and have probably run them around 40 times each. They are okay. Mine are puffing and getting fairly hot so I am not using them anymore.

If you treat them good though, they are very solid for the price. I mean, I got mine for like 70 each on sale. So good for how cheap they are.

Construction of HRB.(Yoowoo Brand) are good. I would buy that if it were me. I have 2 Yoowoo branded lipos. Probably my best lipos out of the 14 I have right now. 100c burst if legit makes it a buy. Hopefully your charger wont bog down and be able to charge it at a nominal 6.0 amps. (1C rate) :cool:

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I will be getting one soon. I have a Hitec x2 charger im hoping should be able to handle charging this fine. I charge my 2 3s lipos at the same time typically about 5.5 amps for 2 5800mah lipos.

Bought two 3s 5000 for the heck of it for my Nero. Ran 2 cycles through them just this last weekend and have to say that I’m impressed. Affordable and they bought were shipped very well balanced.

I got two Yoowoo 3s 5000's, 100c's. Incredible cell reads out the box. I attempted to balance them again out the box, and they stopped in seconds. Nicely matched cells. Both packs were identical in reads. Which is a rare occurrence with a lot of brands.

I bought one about 6 months ago just try out. Haven't had any issues & still stays balanced. Will most likely purchase another in the future. As with any lipo, taking proper care of them is key.

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I will be getting one soon. I have a Hitec x2 charger im hoping should be able to handle charging this fine. I charge my 2 3s lipos at the same time typically about 5.5 amps for 2 5800mah lipos.
6S takes more watts than 3S. Takes 6A and 132W to charge a 6S 6000mah pack at 1C.

The X2 has this on amazon for specs:
  • DC Output Power: 10-100 Watts
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1 - 10.0 Amps x 2
Not sure if that's 10-100w per port or total. They defined the 10A x2 which would suggest 10A per port/20A total. Regardless, if it is 100W, your going to hit the wattage ceiling before you hit the current limit.

You won't hurt the packs, will just take longer than 1C charging will.

I have 3 of them and just ordered 2 more. Never had a single issue. Best bang for the buck imo.

I've had two of the 5000mah for two years and they’ve been very good. Just a veryslight puff on them (almost unnoticeable) and I think it’s related to the low LiPo cutoff of the BLX185. They still balance perfectly and have very good IR across the cells. Just don’t run them hard all the way to cutoff too often and they’ll hold up just fine.

6S takes more watts than 3S. Takes 6A and 132W to charge a 6S 6000mah pack at 1C.

The X2 has this on amazon for specs:
  • DC Output Power: 10-100 Watts
  • Charge Current Range: 0.1 - 10.0 Amps x 2
Not sure if that's 10-100w per port or total. They defined the 10A x2 which would suggest 10A per port/20A total. Regardless, if it is 100W, your going to hit the wattage ceiling before you hit the current limit.

You won't hurt the packs, will just take longer than 1C charging will.

I was just reading my manual it looks like it is 100W per port so 200W total. These being 6000mah charging at 1C I should be ok right?

I was just reading my manual it looks like it is 100W per port so 200W total. These being 6000mah charging at 1C I should be ok right?
Yes it will be fine. Just takes a little longer to charge completely.

You can set it at 6A output, but odds are it's not going to charge at 6A because the charger is limited to 100W. I run into the same thing charging 3S packs on my dynamite 4x100w/4x10A charger. I set the output to 10A, but it gets limited to around 8A on it's own because it hits 100W. My packs are rated to be safe to charge at 2C, but I'm only able to charge at about 1.5C or so due to the charger. If I were charging 6S packs, the output would limit itself to around 4.5A even though I have it set to 10A, which is what yours will likely do.

Will these batteries

I'm about to pull the trigger on these as well. I'm using the Spektrum 2100 smart charger (dual, 200W) with the Spektrum 6s 5000 mAh C50 and its been great but these batteries are too expensive ($125)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back