Hsp Shocks for the blx lineup personal experience and pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look up bills rc shop on YouTube for the racer edge shock build how to make them long enough for the rear !! And then when you get the hsp just pull the springs off and use them on racer edge shocks lol you will thank me later

Thanks man. I think I found it. So after digging through numerous threads... ppl WERE using the HSP 81002/81003 but these the 81002N/81003N seem to work with NO mortification is what I am reading. Link won't link and so here it is... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410
These are the ones I plan to try when needed. Apparently, as mentioned here and elsewhere, no modification necessary. One member is waiting on this exact product and mentioned that he'd post his findings.

edit: the redcat ones are the ones I mean.

Thanks man. I think I found it. So after digging through numerous threads... ppl WERE using the HSP 81002/81003 but these the 81002N/81003N seem to work with NO mortification is what I am reading. Link won't link and so here it is... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410
I used both without modifications. It seems like both sets are the same lengths now. I bought 3 sets of the 81002/81003 over a year ago that I fitted to my kids' trucks w/o doing anything to them & they have held up great. I also ordered 6 sets of the 81002N/81003N last year & they were a perfect fit. Since then they may have changed the size. I ordered another set of the 81002N/81003N to make sure. The longer shocks will increase the ride height of the car. If the springs are the same stiffness, you won't have a problem. I went through my fleet to find shocks that were around that size & the trackstar shocks of the BSR berserker fit the bill. They also easily fit the Granite although they were a bit long. I also found that the stock 6s V3 Talion & Typhon, Basher Sabertooth, both Thundertiger Bushmasters, & Losi Eight-E buggy shocks are all perfect fits. My Losi had upgraded shocks but I think the stockers are plastic.

These are the ones I plan to try when needed. Apparently, as mentioned here and elsewhere, no modification necessary. One member is waiting on this exact product and mentioned that he'd post his findings.

I got to test those out yesterday on my Senton 3s yesterday, they weren’t bad but my buddy has the Proline Shocks and his shocks are freaking amazing! They are like a 100 bucks though. ?I’d still say these are an upgrade over the stock shocks still. Fronts feel really nice, while the rears are a bit stiff. Just need to find a fix for the rears and I’ll be thrilled.

I got them in and they are too long for the Typhon 3s, the fronts are 2-3mm shorter eye to eye than the stock rears. Stock shocks are 100mm front 115mm rear and these are 113mm front and I forget the exact measurement of the rear but it is the same length eye to eye as the stock Outcast front shocks. I'll get a measurement when I get home. -edit- they are 130mm eye to eye.
HSP front next to Arrma rear.
20190113_174237.jpg

Last edited:
I got to test those out yesterday on my Senton 3s yesterday, they weren’t bad but my buddy has the Proline Shocks and his shocks are freaking amazing! They are like a 100 bucks though. ?I’d still say these are an upgrade over the stock shocks still. Fronts feel really nice, while the rears are a bit stiff. Just need to find a fix for the rears and I’ll be thrilled.
The set I ordered is in customs now so I should get it in a few days. The only set of proline shocks I have are on the ProMT & they are too short for the blx cars but they are seriously butter smooth. I had to up for the aluminum caps since the plastic cracked on me :cry: You might want to try a v2 Typhon 6s spring on the rear.

I told you all about them hsp tried to warn you lol ... run racer edge rears for a slash then get longer shock rods and make one set long enough for the rear of the blx rigs .... and use the hsp springs because the racer edges are tase soft for my likings .....

Attachments

• B0FC211F-AEAB-4578-8724-C887B61101A5.jpeg
    B0FC211F-AEAB-4578-8724-C887B61101A5.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 60
I run Typhon V3 6S BLX shocks on my Granite and I really like them. I don't think they are too stiff but some prefer the V2 shocks instead. Either way they are almost an exact fit.

I ordered a set of these they just cleared customs in the US.

Did you have any luck with these shocks? I ordered a set for my Granite 3s blx because I got 3 leaky shocks out of the box. And these from china are terrible, They offer no shock absorption at all. I don't know if I did something wrong, I put 50wt oil in front and rears and let them set for a few hours then capped them and put them back together they felt ok off the truck but once I put them on they bottom out on every bump.

Just to clarify I'm talking about this set, the HSP from China: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Abso...002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410

Hey man, I have not rec'd them yet as I only placed the order yesterday (Tue 15th). They are coming from China :-( and so the est delivery is Jan 29 - Feb 07. I figure for $20.90 it's worth a shot. My Granite had 1 leak out after 3rd run and the 2nd leak out after the 4th run - both FRONT shocks. I plan on taking them apart, inspecting them and putting them back together with the green slime by TA. I just have not had the time yet.

These are the exact ones I bought after several members said they work fine.
Shock Absorber Front 81003N (118MM);Rear 81002N (137MM) 1/8 RC CAR HSP Redcat
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absorber-Front-81003N-118MM-Rear-81002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=572415415806&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Sure I would love to drop some of those EB48.4 Tekno shocks that Rich DuperBash talks about on his Granite but I have other hobbies besides just RC, aka NOT in the budget.
**edit. I just saw you posted the link. That is def the ones I bought and so I don't know what to tell you. I read about ppl putting anything from 40 - 70 wt in them but I think 50 wt seemed to be the most common? Maybe you got a bad batch of springs? You prob need a reply from a more advance RC person that myself. Good luck bro.

Last edited:
Hey man, I have not rec'd them yet as I only placed the order yesterday (Tue 15th). They are coming from China :-( and so the est delivery is Jan 29 - Feb 07. I figure for $20.90 it's worth a shot. My Granite had 1 leak out after 3rd run and the 2nd leak out after the 4th run - both FRONT shocks. I plan on taking them apart, inspecting them and putting them back together with the green slime by TA. I just have not had the time yet.

These are the exact ones I bought after several members said they work fine.
Shock Absorber Front 81003N (118MM);Rear 81002N (137MM) 1/8 RC CAR HSP Redcat
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shock-Absorber-Front-81003N-118MM-Rear-81002N-137MM-1-8-RC-CAR-HSP-Redcat/273149484410?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=572415415806&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Sure I would love to drop some of those EB48.4 Tekno shocks that Rich DuperBash talks about on his Granite but I have other hobbies besides just RC, aka NOT in the budget.

I was actually asking slick2500 he mentioned awhile back in the thread that he ordered a set of these HSP shocks.

I bought the same set on the 2nd of January, I received them today the 16th. I loaded them with 50wt shock oil and put them on my Granite 3s
BLX and their worse then the leaky stock ones. I can drop the truck from 3 inches and they bottom out. And driving it on pavement it bottoms out on every bump.

I'm like you I don't have the budget for the Tekno shocks. I've already ordered 2 complete sets of shocks off ebay that have been no good, I'm getting pretty frustrated with it. And Horizon only sent me parts to rebuild my leaky ones but they still leaked. Now the ESC shuts off after a minute or so and Horizon wont stand behind that either, I've only owned it a few days less then a month.

I run Typhon V3 6S BLX shocks on my Granite and I really like them. I don't think they are too stiff but some prefer the V2 shocks instead. Either way they are almost an exact fit.

What about the Talion 6s shocks are they the same as the Typhon?

**edit. I just saw you posted the link. That is def the ones I bought and so I don't know what to tell you. I read about ppl putting anything from 40 - 70 wt in them but I think 50 wt seemed to be the most common? Maybe you got a bad batch of springs? You prob need a reply from a more advance RC person that myself. Good luck bro.

I cant even find a complete set of those Tekno shocks online. They sell individual pieces but I don't even know which pieces to get to make a complete set, and if I cant manage to make a set of Arrma stock shocks not leak then I'm not even going to try to order those in pieces lol

Ive been in the hobby awhile now but Working with shocks is all new to me I never used them on my old pan cars racing indoors back in the day.

I've orderd the HSP ones but I'd love to hear more about what peoples experiences have been with different oil weights. What is working well?

I've orderd the HSP ones but I'd love to hear more about what peoples experiences have been with different oil weights. What is working well?

They didnt work at all for me, I used 50wt oil in them and my Granite 3s BLX bottomed out just running over a rock the chassis bumps the ground running at high speed the shocks just don't hold the weight of the truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back