Big Rock HSP Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
Who is running on exactly the same shocks?

eBay link

How are these? i have heard that these much much better then stock ones. Is it right?

I have a set of them and was not very impressed, they feel really cheap and were kind of too long, the fronts are almost the same size as the stock rears.

Stock 3s rear shock, front HSP shock and Rear HSP shock.
yZrAGKH.jpg

Also this thread can make for a good read. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

I have a set of them and was not very impressed, they feel really cheap and were kind of too long, the fronts are almost the same size as the stock rears.

Stock 3s rear shock, front HSP shock and Rear HSP shock.
View attachment 66963

Also this thread can make for a good read. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Did HSP Shocks come with oil inside? I know they are a little bit longer, but maybe it's better and will give more ground clearance?

Who is running on exactly the same shocks?

eBay link

How are these? i have heard that these much much better then stock ones. Is it right?

I fitted some to my sons Senton mega after the stock ones leaked and a shaft broke. Yes they are better than stock. Solid build, thicker shafts, no leaking and have taken some big jumps and awkward landings. The only issue we had (minor issue) is the springs were noisy rubbing on the body threads. We fixed this by fitted some heat shrink to the threads. They did not come with upper end balls so used fuel hose and the lower ends had to be spaced off the arm so not to rub. Sorry I can't remember if they came with oil in them but I think I remember topping up the oil at the least.

I think they are good value, won't break the budget and if they do break, no big loss. They have lasted longer than the stock shocks.

I fitted some to my sons Senton mega after the stock ones leaked and a shaft broke. Yes they are better than stock. Solid build, thicker shafts, no leaking and have taken some big jumps and awkward landings. The only issue we had (minor issue) is the springs were noisy rubbing on the body threads. We fixed this by fitted some heat shrink to the threads. They did not come with upper end balls so used fuel hose and the lower ends had to be spaced off the arm so not to rub. Sorry I can't remember if they came with oil in them but I think I remember topping up the oil at the least.

I think they are good value, won't break the budget and if they do break, no big loss. They have lasted longer than the stock shocks.

I just received mines. Feels soft, but much much better than stocks. I do not know what to do about top pivot balls, stock pivot balls are to small, trying to find a solution.

I just received mines. Feels soft, but much much better than stocks. I do not know what to do about top pivot balls, stock pivot balls are to small, trying to find a solution.

That's where i used the fuel hose as I didn't have bigger balls .... um yer ?

That's where i used the fuel hose as I didn't have bigger balls .... um yer ?

I will go and buy any hose in the local store. Can you say hose's dimension, plesae?

I will go and buy any hose in the local store. Can you say hose's dimension, plesae?

It was old nitro silicone fuel hose from my 1/10 scale nitro. I think its just a standard size rc fuel hose. maybe 3mm id and about 5mm od at a guess.

It was a bit of a backyard job but it worked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back