HTRC C150 balance charger - repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixy

Reaction score
I bought a HTRC C150 battery charger some time ago.
Last time I discharged the 4S Lipo battery. After draining the battery, I saw a crackle and some smoke from the left side. I immediately turned off the charger. I took it apart and I can see that one of the component has gone bad. I want to get my good, smart and not cheap charger working again. What component is it inside the circle (brand, model, values)? I believe I can find a replacement for it at our electronics store. And would anyone have a wiring diagram for this charger so I can check the condition of the components.
Wishing you all the best and waiting for an answer, Rixy

20221127_134955.jpg

20221127_135016.jpg

20221127_135101.jpg

20221127_135204.jpg

Looks to be a big surface mount resistor. But with it torched like that, there's no way to tell what the original value is. Maybe reach out to the manufacturer to get the value (not sure how far you'll get with that) or if someone has one, maybe they could provide the value. Is there any silkscreen on the underside of the board that gives a reference designator for the part in question?

Looks to be a big surface mount resistor. But with it torched like that, there's no way to tell what the original value is. Maybe reach out to the manufacturer to get the value (not sure how far you'll get with that) or if someone has one, maybe they could provide the value. Is there any silkscreen on the underside of the board that gives a reference designator for the part in question?
I also suggest that it is a resistor. There is no information on the back side of the circuit board. The place I bought from promised to share the information, but now it's been 2 weeks and nothing. I am hoping that someone has dismantled such a charger and can look at the value of the component.

That stinks, sorry to hear. I doubt the factory will be very helpful in telling you what exactly that is.. I see they sell for around $60. Might be worth buying a new one and opening it up? You'll be able to get info off the new one, fix the old, and have 2 chargers. I don't know about anybody else, but I like having more than one charger available.

My thoughts would be something down the line shorted causing the resistor to pop.. it's likely to do the same with a replaced resistor.. isolating the cause will be the biggest hurdle.. break out a multi meter and first check that circuit isn't a dead short to ground before proceeding with anything...

My thoughts would be something down the line shorted causing the resistor to pop.. it's likely to do the same with a replaced resistor.. isolating the cause will be the biggest hurdle.. break out a multi meter and first check that circuit isn't a dead short to ground before proceeding with anything...
Good point, maybe just pony up the $60 for a new one.

I bought a HTRC C150 battery charger some time ago.
Last time I discharged the 4S Lipo battery. After draining the battery, I saw a crackle and some smoke from the left side. I immediately turned off the charger. I took it apart and I can see that one of the component has gone bad. I want to get my good, smart and not cheap charger working again. What component is it inside the circle (brand, model, values)? I believe I can find a replacement for it at our electronics store. And would anyone have a wiring diagram for this charger so I can check the condition of the components.
Wishing you all the best and waiting for an answer, Rixy

View attachment 262204

View attachment 262205

View attachment 262206
Hey, I’ve just disassambled my charger and I believe it’s a 10 ohm resistor, mine is in a different place must it seems to be the same one, also if anyone can provide the she magic for the charger that would be great

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back