HTRC t240 duo charging traxxas ID Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam H

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
whenever I charge my 3s 11.1 5000mah Traxxas ID lipo at 5 amps balance charge only yields 3000 mah. Run time is shorter as well. What settings do I need to charge to 5000 mah or is my charger not capable of charging to 5000 mah? Thanks for the input

whenever I charge my 3s 11.1 5000mah Traxxas ID lipo at 5 amps balance charge only yields 3000 mah. Run time is shorter as well. What settings do I need to charge to 5000 mah or is my charger not capable of charging to 5000 mah? Thanks for the input
The charger can only put in what came out, a 5000mah battery will never use the full 5000 or it would be completely empty (that will kill your lipo). So the amount it charges is the amount the battery needs to complete it's 5000mah's if that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. My Traxxas Desert Racer warns me when the batteries get to around 3.3 volts by driving only at 50 percent . I'm new to the lipo world and still have a lot of learning to do so thanks for your help

No worries, we all start with 0 knowledge and learn on the way. The forum is a great place to ask questions and learn all sorts of things without any hostility (maybe there is but I haven't seen any of that here so far).

When you fill your car/truck with fuel, you only top off with what you used in the tank not the full capacity, same with your batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back