Hub Alternative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuryGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have been researching alternative Hubs for the Fury. My HSP/Redcat hubs "could" work as an replacement. These are aluminum, butI think they would be a bit too thin at the pivot point after the necessary new hole for the kingpin.

However, I know that ARRMA and Team Durango are both subsidiaries of Hobbico, so I checked out the Durango DESC10R 2wd truck. The hubs look very close. Does anyone have them to test by chance?

The upper tie rod would obviously still mount in the back. We would need to use different carriers as well. For ~ $22 bucks, I may be ginny pig.

http://beamcat.com/collections/tres...rrier-0deg-dex210-desc210-dest210-red-tytd143

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Durang...371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ebe03df3

TYTD143_07__60414.1405349502.1280.1280.jpg

Update: I had and extra plastic pro-line caster block for my Pro2 laying around so I decided to see if it would fit. It fits good, with just a tad of trimming. The Traxxas Slash steering knuckles will be necessary though. I think the Slash design is better, personally. These are knock-offs, but much cheaper.

T8675RED.jpg T8663RED.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I had and extra plastic pro-line caster block for my Pro2 laying around so I decided to see if it would fit. It fits good, with just a tad of trimming. The Traxxas Slash steering knuckles will be necessary though. I think the Slash design is better, personally. These are knock-offs, but much cheaper.

View attachment 134 View attachment 135
Very nice and good information to know. Got any pictures of these installed?

Very nice and good information to know. Got any pictures of these installed?

Not yet. I have installed a plastic version with success, but needed a bearing carrier. I have hit up my friends if they have an extra for a Slash. No response yet. I will wait till EOD and then order a set from eBay. Once I confirm that the complete setup will work, I will order the aluminum caster blocks. I will post pics then. I don't want to get hopes up. :)

Progress!
I have confirmed that the Traxxas Slash 2wd caster blocks and bearing carriers will fit on the Fury. I did have to trim the lower left corner of the block. You could also trim the lower arm as well. Your choice. This is also true for the rear bearing carriers. As you can see, the Fury parts are actually beefier than the Traxxas Slash parts. :cool: Having said that, for those that don't know, Pro-line makes some strong upgrade parts that interchange with the Slash and Pro-line's own truck the Pro2, which kicks butt! Loved mine!

I will be ordering the upgraded aluminum parts and post pics when finished. I will also post the parts list that I used, just for FYI.

2015-07-02-11.32.03.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to test the aluminum REAR Traxxas hubs. Short answer, no go. The stock driveshaft is about 2 mil too long. I might investigate this again down the road. Worse case scenario, I will cut the stocks and re-weld them.

I hope to have the front caster blocks tomorrow. I will post the install on my build thread and link to it from here. Trying not to double post. :) Stay tuned.

@WoodiE , sure will. I am still waiting for the USPS. The tracking said delivery should have been yesterday...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back