Hub clearance on GRPs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
I've just picked up some GRP road tyres for my Typhon and noticed next to no clearance on the rear hubs inside the wheels. Now I know the diameter of these GRPs is smaller than OEM but hadn't expected such a tight fit, just wanted to know this is normal and the hub isn't going to cut a groove into the wheel rim or vice versa?

Yeah that’s common on the 1/8 wheels I believe some slightly dremel/file down the offending area.

But don’t want a repeat of my last advise mistake best wait for someone who’s done it first to chime in ??

I've already taken a file to the top of my TBR "mud guards" to give some needed clearance on the inside edge of the rim. I might try and put a spot of paint on top of the hubs to see if it catches...

Perfectly normal unfortunately.

I slightly filed down my rear hubs to an angle to minimise any damage to wheel or hub. Run mine like it for well over half a year now though at very high speeds so I wouldn't worry about it. (y)

I noticed that exact same thing when I fitted them on the Infraction, but there is a gap like 0.5-1.0mm so its all good..???

And if they do rub I'm sure it won't matter too much as the tyres will be worn out after 2-3 packs..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back