Kraton Hub nut not threading properly into steering hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanminded

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Decided to change out all my stock a arms on my Kraton 6s for RPMs. After putting everything back together I’m having issues with top right front hub nut not screwing in properly into steering hub. It feels like it is not lining up right and not screwing in easily compared to the others. Truck is fairly new and parts look okay. Any suggestions what is causing issue or misalignment?

Can you post some pics? It would be alot easier to help you with a visual representation of the issue your having ??

Reverse the direction you're driving the nut in (anti-clockwise) until you feel the start of the threads, then try screwing it in as normal. This may take a few tries as they can be a b*tch to thread back in and even harder to set the pivot ball perfectly... just don't cross the threads or you'll need a new steering block

I'll keep playing around with it but I have a feeling I may have crossed the threads. The orange small rubber o-ring on hub nut is also ballooning out once in all the way so something is definitely off.

I'll keep playing around with it but I have a feeling I may have crossed the threads. The orange small rubber o-ring on hub nut is also ballooning out once in all the way so something is definitely off.
Hot racing makes aluminum steering hubs. They look really nice. You won't have to worry about cross threading plastic anymore and the ball bearings they use are much larger. Also the pillow ball retainers don't back out suposedly. Im definitely going to pick some up myself. ?

I bought a new steering block and hub nut and am stilll having issues with cross threading. I was extra careful but still having problem with them not screwing on smoothly even with new parts as it feels forced compared to others and little red o-ring bulges out a bit. I do not know if this is a common issue but if it is I'll just upgrade to the aluminum.

I bought a new steering block and hub nut and am stilll having issues with cross threading. I was extra careful but still having problem with them not screwing on smoothly even with new parts as it feels forced compared to others and little red o-ring bulges out a bit. I do not know if this is a common issue but if it is I'll just upgrade to the aluminum.
If you're getting the hub nut flush with the steering block that's how it should be... even when done properly the o-ring might bulge a little so you can try adding a dab of oil/grease and just work it in and out until it sits properly

it's not just us having trouble screwing it in, mine one is like this out of the box ?
IMG_20200625_194518.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back