Typhon Hub/wheel entenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating on putting hub extensions on Typhon cause I want it a little wider but not talion wide, any negatives about this idea??
I'm no Typhon expert, but not that I can think of. They're just as solid as the stock hubs from what I've experienced so I don't see any reason not to. Perhaps someone else has a different take. If so, I'm sure they'll chime in :)

I'm running +10mm on mine, no issues and I like the extra width. Increases the turning radius, but the stability makes it easier to whip the back end around so ends up handling better for what I do with mine. Not sure how it affects longevity, but a fair number of people on hear run them. I think it increases stress on the bearings which is something that can be avoided by using Kraton hexes/hubs/axles because the extra space between bearings. This video gives a pretty good breakdown of the space between bearings around the 2 minute mark.

I'm running +10mm on mine, no issues and I like the extra width. Increases the turning radius, but the stability makes it easier to whip the back end around so ends up handling better for what I do with mine. Not sure how it affects longevity, but a fair number of people on hear run them. I think it increases stress on the bearings which is something that can be avoided by using Kraton hexes/hubs/axles because the extra space between bearings. This video gives a pretty good breakdown of the space between bearings around the 2 minute mark.

Awesome... I'm not sure I like the typhon stretched bit I already did it so is what it is

What the guys above said👍.
I got these to be able to steer big tires I got 🤣. Works pretty good, with a little bit of additional stress on the wheel bearings (also due to the larger and heavier tires). I think if you run the normal tires the additional stress is minimal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100..._list.0.0.458279d2x8jzbn&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld
I think those are totally the GPM ones but for half the price. I paid like 20$ for 2 on ebay. I guess I would feel bad but at least I got them in a few days instead of weeks.

I think those are totally the GPM ones but for half the price. I paid like 20$ for 2 on ebay. I guess I would feel bad but at least I got them in a few days instead of weeks.
These feel pretty solid and I liked the fact they came with two sets of threaded pins, both 2.5mm and 3mm pin thickness depending on the pin size on your wheel axle👍.

These feel pretty solid and I liked the fact they came with two sets of threaded pins, both 2.5mm and 3mm pin thickness depending on the pin size on your wheel axle👍.
LOL totally the same ones. I bet GPM just buys directly and rebrands them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back