Granite Huh! Voltages...float!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Yup. My wife drove her voltage into the lake today. I was surprised that it was floating on all four wheels, it did not go under much past the bottom of the frame.
She said I had that ‘wtf woman??’ Look while it was happening 😂
Seems she had floored it, turned the wrong direction and panicked. For someone who had never touch a remote control toy in her life until a few months ago... I think she’s doing OK. Yup, aside from this lake thing, all is okay.

Buy a boat
flip boat GIF

Yup. My wife drove her voltage into the lake today. I was surprised that it was floating on all four wheels, it did not go under much past the bottom of the frame.
She said I had that ‘wtf woman??’ Look while it was happening 😂
Seems she had floored it, turned the wrong direction and panicked. For someone who had never touch a remote control toy in her life until a few months ago... I think she’s doing OK. Yup, aside from this lake thing, all is okay.
So...Is it possible to get water out of the tires without taking them apart? There’s not an incredible amount in them, just enough to completely screw up the tire balance bad like.
These voltage tires are not vented, probably are at the rim... but that doesn’t help get the water out. Is my only option to pull them apart and dry out the forms?

As @jkflow said you'll need to vent the outside of the tires and then run it slowly off the ground and it will fling most all the water inside out from the centrifugal force👍

Vent from outside, a small hole every quarter turn. Spin slowly and water will come out. Suggest to do that outside or you will paint your ceiling.
Yeah that ‘paint your ceiling part’ I’d have done. Wheels all good now, actually just squuushed the water out nicely. Thanks!

What are you overcompensating for? Small…’member’? Low IQ? Something tragic during childhood? They have therapy for these things.
Perhaps if you had therapy you would not need to stalk people who you feel slighted you. We had 2 short exchanges and now you’re following me and trolling my conversations. Even insulting my wife. How sad! You obviously have so much self loathing inside that you have to take it out on strangers. But If that supplies the ego stroke you so badly need then by all means continue with playing the fool me.
I, on the other hand, found the ignore button. So in essence you no longer exist (ooooh, that probably hurts. So so sorry).

View attachment 144487
Wow ya unfortunately we have a very small population of A$$holes that can't seem to understand what this forum is for and feel the need to troll and add absolutely nothing to threads or the forum in general. Ignoring them is about all you can do but then they disappear and you don't have to listen to the $hit spewing out of there pie holes👍

Wow ya unfortunately we have a very small population of A$$holes that can't seem to understand what this forum is for and feel the need to troll and add absolutely nothing to threads or the forum in general. Ignoring them is about all you can do but then they disappear and you don't have to listen to the $hit spewing out of there pie holes👍
Yeah, I got roped in and nothing I added was helpful, took it a bit far even…but I’m done. Once I found the ignore button I knew what to do. Thank you!

Impressed all the electronics are good. (y)
I don’t think they got soaked, things so light and the tires are so big and fluffy it was floating high. My biggest concern was getting all the water out of the tires. But it wasn’t until I looked closely and started squishing on them that I realized the rims are completely open in the middle (it seems) all way round, explaining how so much water got in and why it was easy to just squuuge out. These trucks are so lite that if the tires are not in balance they just bounce the heck all over the place.

Gotta love when things don't go all to hell. ;) I'm glad your wife is enjoying the hobby with you, just make sure your daughter doesn't take after her mother, and drive the boat up the beach. :ROFLMAO:

Gotta love when things don't go all to hell. ;) I'm glad your wife is enjoying the hobby with you, just make sure your daughter doesn't take after her mother, and drive the boat up the beach. :ROFLMAO:
Right?? I fully expect the kid to go straight into the rocks at the lake. she’s a maniac driver as it is with her little rc jeep 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back