Hurricane Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought beer, fuel, smokes and have some cash on hand. Standard prep ✔ done. ??
Same here, did all the prep around the house. Just got finished cleaning out the storm drains close by. This is going to be a serious water event.

Same here, did all the prep around the house. Just got finished cleaning out the storm drains close by. This is going to be a serious water event.

Definitely in NOLA and hoping it gets in and gets out. Scared of the slow movement I've seen so far. Also hoping for less wind so I can keep my power as long as possible. I moved everything out of the yard and into sheds at home but most of the trouble was securing stuff at work.
Stay safe!

Definitely in NOLA and hoping it gets in and gets out. Scared of the slow movement I've seen so far. Also hoping for less wind so I can keep my power as long as possible. I moved everything out of the yard and into sheds at home but most of the trouble was securing stuff at work.
Stay safe!
Yeah unfortunately it's only moving at 5mph. Going to dump lots of rain for a long period of time. It flooded here Wednesday just from a normal shower. Lots of people are going to get water in their home.

The Miss. River is going to get to 19 ft. and levees are 20 ft., if that tops will be bad.

Not going to be major wind event so yeah hope to keep power, will be miserable without it.

Spent last couple days securing things around the house and helping neighbors. All thats left is hope for the best and pray we don't have another 2005 episode.

Stay safe as well crimson!

Thank you very much for the sentiment. ⛈
So far though nothing on the Northshore. No rain or wind. Tomorrow may be different and we cancelled a Saturday sporting clays tournament this morning. I don't really want to but better head to work tomorrow evening to check if the rain passes. I have a 4x4 to get through the flooding. If not, Sunday work again for sure for Youth Camp new group coming in.

How're y'all holding up? If you guys start posting pics of animals lined up in pairs getting on a boat, I know sh!t is gettin real...
Doing good where I'm at, got lucky so far, can't say the same for people West of us though. Seen on news horses and livestock that needs rescue from high water, red ants floating in bunches, and wildlife hanging onto anything that they can climb onto. Thanks for asking, I lost my home in 2005, was under water 17 days, took a month before officials would let us back in!

Doing good where I'm at, got lucky so far, can't say the same for people West of us though. Seen on news horses and livestock that needs rescue from high water, red ants floating in bunches, and wildlife hanging onto anything that they can climb onto. Thanks for asking, I lost my home in 2005, was under water 17 days, took a month before officials would let us back in!
It's been on the news up here pretty consistently. I just hope people stay smart and come out of this in good health. I couldn't imagine what storms like that are like, we don't see stuff like that around here. But judging by how many cars end up trashed when we get a small flash flood or blocked storm sewers, something that big would trigger some serious Darwinism up here. Stay safe brother! And hey, maybe consider adding a rc boat to the shelf for future storm entertainment...

Ha Ha Thanks! Yeah we take any Tropical Storm or Hurricane serious down here. Anytime one forms or gets sucked into the Gulf we stress. It rained here in N.O. last Wednesday from a feeder band in the Gulf of this storm before anyone knew where is was going to go.

Flooded homes and cars bigtime from flash floods, 8" of rain in 3 hours. Can't pump it out fast enough.

Speaking of wasting cars, in 05' I lost 2 1969 Camaros, Chevy Silverado dually and haft ton Silverado. 90 % of family and friends lost everything. I drag raced and had muscle cars my whole life as many of my friends. You wouldn't believe the number of old hot rods and muscle cars that were destroyed by the thousands. Every dealership had hundreds of cars that was flooded and destroyed.

The scene was hell on earth, everything was under water for so long it ate metal to rust. Took months just to get all the cars out of the city

Should have seen all my RC cars and equipment, turned into junk. So we been there and done that and hope it never happens again.

Thanks for your well wishes!!

Ha Ha Thanks! Yeah we take any Tropical Storm or Hurricane serious down here. Anytime one forms or gets sucked into the Gulf we stress. It rained here in N.O. last Wednesday from a feeder band in the Gulf of this storm before anyone knew where is was going to go.

Flooded homes and cars bigtime from flash floods, 8" of rain in 3 hours. Can't pump it out fast enough.

Speaking of wasting cars, in 05' I lost 2 1969 Camaros, Chevy Silverado dually and haft ton Silverado. 90 % of family and friends lost everything. I drag raced and had muscle cars my whole life as many of my friends. You wouldn't believe the number of old hot rods and muscle cars that were destroyed by the thousands. Every dealership had hundreds of cars that was flooded and destroyed.

The scene was hell on earth, everything was under water for so long it ate metal to rust. Took months just to get all the cars out of the city

Should have seen all my RC cars and equipment, turned into junk. So we been there and done that and hope it never happens again.

Thanks for your well wishes!!
I was away and not paying much attention to the outside world. How's it going and has it passed? Don't like to hear about this kind of thing. We haven't had to deal with hurricanes and tornadoes up where we are. We've had a few close calls, but nothing that has affected us like it does down where you are.

I was away and not paying much attention to the outside world. How's it going and has it passed? Don't like to hear about this kind of thing. We haven't had to deal with hurricanes and tornadoes up where we are. We've had a few close calls, but nothing that has affected us like it does down where you are.
Hey J, Yeah it's out of here, Monday was the last day of rain and wind. We dodged this one, went further West than predicted.

1st one this year but not the last.
Thanks for caring brother!

Dorian is a bad MFr.
Good luck Florida and east coast, pray it stays offshore.
We are in peak season and stress is high.
Our butts pucker everytime these systems form. It's Russian roulette who's the unlucky guy!

She a biggin'

IMG_1393.jpg

I really don't have time to cleanup the mess after a hurricane comes through. Took me almost week to clean up after Florence '18, and it only hit NC as a Cat1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back