Hurricane Prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bahamas are getting hammered, it's stalling over the islands barely moving. I think the islands will be geologically changed.

In South Louisiana doesn't seem to be a threat. Calling friends up the coast tonight.
Hope anyone in path is prepared and safe ... here looking forward to updates. Please keep us in the loop and stay strong.

Bahamas are getting hammered, it's stalling over the islands barely moving. I think the islands will be geologically changed.

I cant imagine what they went through. 180mph sustained and gusts in the 220s.
Heck all day yesterday I was staring the storm down, watching and waiting for it to make the turn north.

Hope it stays off the coast and falls apart.

I live in canada and the best thing i love is xmass and not huge tornados
Even if i never get something interesting in xmass.... i dream my parents giving me an typhon 3s but i knwo it will never happen

Just seen some video from the Bahamas, brutal devastation. Being stationary for so long was catastrophic. Good thing it's finally moving.

Like I mentioned earlier about the geography possibly being transformed came true, many parts of the Northern islands were washed away. So sad for them!

Just seen some video from the Bahamas, brutal devastation. Being stationary for so long was catastrophic. Good thing it's finally moving.

Like I mentioned earlier about the geography possibly being transformed came true, many parts of the Northern islands were washed away. So sad for them!

One source I read said that a fairly new (between maybe 5 and 15 years old) multi-billion dollar Chinese military sub base was destroyed. No way it'll be rebuilt imo.
No doubt the Bahamas will be transformed. Hard to imagine how the locals can deal with something like this totally surrounded by water. Takes forever to rebuild infrastructure like that and they already have little to live on as it is. Sometimes it's good (for me anyway) to imagine how tough life could be. Katrina was crushing and crazy but we got through it with real unity among all walks of human life ...never before seen here. It's almost a blessing in a way to have these events to bring folks together. Shame it has to be so threatening and devastating to work to the positives.

edit: Couldn't find much on this sub base but found one article from 2017 that projected the cost much lower than I saw. I am reading this and posting without political agenda though it may appear otherwise. I don't read this news source at all and only found it with a quick search in hopes to point from my reference above. This is interesting to me and maybe for others so I'm dropping it here.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/china...assistance-equipment-180-miles-off-u-s-coast/

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back