Limitless HW EZRUN-MAX6 w/CC 2028-1100kv 23/49 will it work for 140 mph+?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perryncox45

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I need some help, my wife bought me a Limitless for our Anniversary and told me to hit 140+. I have read a lot of positive and negative about all products. I was wondering if you guys could give me some thoughts of me using the EZRUN-MAX6 with the Castle 2028-1100kv and what motor ESC combo you would suggest for me to use to get to 140+?

The max will more then likely amp limit with that motor. 140 is a tough reach not as easy as it seems. Seem first wall most hit are in the 130s and then aero and suspension tuning come into play. I have seen it done often with the mmx8s and 2028 but that’s nearly the limits without a lot of tuning. I personally would go that route or just jump to the xlx2 to save money down the road. My first setup was the mmx8s 1717 and that kept me on my toes for a long while. Good luck

The max will more then likely amp limit with that motor. 140 is a tough reach not as easy as it seems. Seem first wall most hit are in the 130s and then aero and suspension tuning come into play. I have seen it done often with the mmx8s and 2028 but that’s nearly the limits without a lot of tuning. I personally would go that route or just jump to the xlx2 to save money down the road. My first setup was the mmx8s 1717 and that kept me on my toes for a long while. Good luck
Thank you for the advice, I bought the XLX2 with the 2028/1100kv. I went ahead and got the pps motor mount, It works beautifully, I love the way it sounds. what should I do next about tunning the car?

I would gear up 4 more teeth on the pinion

my wife bought me a Limitless for our Anniversary and told me to hit 140+.

Sounds like an amazing woman!
You are on the right path for going fast having purchased the XLX2 esc. Saga custom rc is the best source for 8mm bore pinions.
If you want to go all out Island hobby nut offers the perfect pass carbon fiber drive shafts which will help your top speed by eliminating some harmonics and vibrations often seen with the center drive shafts.

Next steps:

1. Dial in the suspension

- Increase the pre-load collars on the springs
- Install some travel limiters at the least in the rear
- Adjust the toe and camber (do some test runs in the 60-90 mph range to figure out what you like)
- Likely will need a stronger servo for 140+ speeds
- Use the droop screws to lower the front and make sure the rear is higher than the front by around 10mm. The front needs to be very low to help avoid blow overs

2. Adjust the aerodynamics (assuming you are keeping the open wheel limitless setup?)
-Trim the rear wing down to the last line
- After getting good at driving at 100 mph and 120 then trim the front wing down similarly or some people remove it.
- Be sure to tape the body in places where it will flap

3. Tires
-At the least you should get GRP GTJ wheels/tires I went with the XM3 soft compound. They are pretty good for the 130-140 mph range. After that you would need to swap to BSR foams.

4. Radio/Road
- You will need a good long distance radio. Running over 100mph requires over 1000 ft. I would estimate you will need around 3000 ft and it needs to be a very smooth road with little to no traffic, and no obstacles.

- For the Radio I am loving the Noble NB4 with the FGr4 RX running 2 600mm flysky antennas on it, but you could save some money with the RadioLink RC6GS V2.

5. Very good LiPos
- With that low KV motor your only option is running 8s. I would recommend the SMC SRD 4s LiPos. Check the PF rating. The higher the PF number is the better the cells are against voltage sag. A budget option would be CNHL G+ LiPos.

Yeah liberty hit it on the head

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back