HW Max 10 SCT - Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Happy holidays, everyone!

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced issues with the HW Max 10 SCT (Gen1) cutting off before LVC, or without overheating? Or simply powering off?

This happened several times yesterday when I went on a quick run with my Granite BLX. Almost immediately the ESC powered off. I powered it back on then it ran fine for about 5 min then it seemed to go into LVC. I powered it off and powered it back on then it ran fine for a little while longer before it happened again.

It was a nice cool day, both ESC and motor were cool to the touch, even after the battery really hit LVC. Each time the ESC powered back on without issue, but it's definitely annoying and concerning. Before I ran, I used a program card to make sure the LVC setting were correct, and made sure the ESC was set to automatically detect the amount of Lipo cells. So I don't think either of those are the culprit.

Any ideas? Loose wire? Is the unit a lemon? Any assistance is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

This is from their website, not sure if it’ll help, but maybe a start.
++ Important notes +++
"Minimum 70C suggested, lower C rating may be okay, however it will not provide the intended experience. Also, How Power Plugs must be used. The surface area of your plugs, must be "larger" than the wires installed or you will very likely have problems. TRX, "T Plug", EC plugs, and "Deans" are not suggested for today's upgraded electronics setups."

This is from their website, not sure if it’ll help, but maybe a start.
++ Important notes +++
"Minimum 70C suggested, lower C rating may be okay, however it will not provide the intended experience. Also, How Power Plugs must be used. The surface area of your plugs, must be "larger" than the wires installed or you will very likely have problems. TRX, "T Plug", EC plugs, and "Deans" are not suggested for today's upgraded electronics setups."
Hmm. The 2S lipo I run are 80c and didn't have the same issues as the 3S which are only 50c. I ordered some 100c 3S batteries with XT 90 connectors. Hopefully that should solve it. Thank you for your help!

Hmm. The 2S lipo I run are 80c and didn't have the same issues as the 3S which are only 50c. I ordered some 100c 3S batteries with XT 90 connectors. Hopefully that should solve it. Thank you for your help!
Did the 100c battery’s do anything? I got the same issue what’s the whole minimum C rating?! I also have 50c 3s and it’s hard to find 100c without paying 2-3x for it. Why do I need such high C for the esc would I just have to get a lower amp rating or higher for esc?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back